IGNORED

Fork nut wrench tool followup

dingy

I have received a quote for producing a tool that will allow the tightening of the fork bearing nut with a 3/8" torque wrench.

This procedure is outlined in the service manuals beginning with the 1986 manual. This is under Periodic Inspection & Adjustment - Chassis - Steering Head Adjustment.

Also, if you are the proud owner of the MKI (83-85) Ventures, you could use the procedure outlined in the 86-93 manual. If you need a copy of this procedure I can provide it for you.

The tool will work on any year Venture. The same part number is shown in the part fiche from 1983 through the RSV's for the steering head bearing nut.

I have a one piece sample coming so I can try it to insure fitment.

The tool will be laser cut from 1/4" thick, 304 stainless steel, mill finish.

In order to cut the cost for the tool, I will receive the tool from the supplier just as they come off the laser cutter. There will be a slight amount of slag that I will clean up using my stationary belt sander.

I need to know how much interest there would be in this tool.

I can supply this tool at a cost of $23.00 including first class shipping to lower 48 US & Canada.

I would not have to be paid in advance for this item. Payment would be made at time of order. Supplier has agreed to allow me 30 days to pay.

If you would be interested in one of these, please post to this thread or PM me.

Attached is a picture showing dimensioned tool, left side shows engagement with nut, right side is a scan of Yamaha tool.

Gary

:feedback:

Edited by dingy
price change

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if Rocket don't have it and Black Owl wants it, and everybody else can't seem to do without it, I'll need one as well. Don't know what I'll use it for just yet, seeing as my head is just about perfect, and I don't want to go screwing around with something that don't have any problems, but I'm sure I find a good use for it sooner or later,,,,,,, we do have VentureRiders visiting here on occasion, so the time might come.

Yes, I could use one.

Carl