IGNORED

RAM Mount on saddlebag guards?

Dave77459

I have now lost two marine grade drink holders off the handlebars. I'm going to a RAM Mount system. It's been dead reliable for my GPS, and when I get a video camera, I'll mount to the same place. I am a fan of the RAM Mount system.

My question is whether anyone has used one for passenger drink holding? I have an RSTD, so mounting it to the saddle bag guards is about my only option. Anyone have experience with RAM Mounts there?

Dave

I cant see why that wouldnt work. You would likely need to the longest "stick" they have. We have our drink holders for the passenger mounted on the the grab bar by the seat.

That's a good idea. Maybe I'll take the one off my handlebars and see if it is practical.

Dave, just Velcro one to your back...should work just fine!!:rasberry:

Perhaps I could wear a hoodie, and let her put her drink in there?

Why not get a drink holder that mounts to your clutch or brake reservoir? You have two screws that hold it in place and you'll know if you lose a bolt because your brake or clutch lever will start rotating on the handlebar.:confused24:

The GPS mount I have now is very useful. I reckoned that when I wasn't using a drink holder, it's a 5 second job to take it off. Also, the reservoirs are in the wind on mt RSTD, whereas I can mount the RAM using the U-bolt anywhere inward.

Dave

I have two of the Ram cup holders on my scoot (84 VR) and the passenger one is on the grab rail. It sits just above the right saddle bag. Works perfect and easy to get to. In your case the top of the bag comes off so I would think the longer arm would get it out of the way. My bag opens like a clamshell so the middle length arm is perfect.

Wayne

Just get you a camelbak insulated bottle holder for $10 and mount it on the front saddlebag protectors. You can get em to match the color of your bike, (black in my case) and a Thermos bottle from Target for $20 and you got a real nice holder, easily accessable, out of the way and those thermos bottles keep ice most of the day even if it's 90 degrees out.