IGNORED

Best Western

Sailor

Just got back from the bike show at the Tradex in Abbotsford. Got a hand out from Best Western which promises special rates and points rewards, room upgrades etc, but only for Harley riders. It states that it is exclusively for Harley riders and is covered with Harley logos. I think I will contact them and express my displeasure at being excluded from this because I ride a Venture. bestwestern.com/h-devents. Other than that the show was good. Sat on the new/old Venture and Bilco came over. We talked about Neslon for a bit. I sat on the new V-MAX and it reminded me of my old Madura. Some very interesting custom bikes there.

Guest Ken8143
There was a time when Best Western was considered a top of the line hotel but their quality seems to have slipped in the last few years. They are independently owned so there can be a lot of variation. I try to avoid them now days.

Me too. Especially if there are a bunch of Harleys shivering in the cold - oops that's right. They shiver all the time.

I stay at Best Westerns every chance I get. This deal is I'm sure no better than I get with AAA or AARP. Yes I'm over 50. Harley is the king of promotions, give them credit. But after 29 motorcycles, I've still never bought a Harley.

:banana:

Got a hand out from Best Western which promises special rates and points rewards, room upgrades etc, but only for Harley riders.

I've stayed at a few of them, back in my HD days....

You may have missed out on the old, used towels they gave me to keep the oil off their parking lot!:banana: :stickpoke: :rotfl:

Later, Scooter Bob

Last June, on a trip down Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway, we stopped for a night in Banner Elk, NC and stayed at a Best Western there. I noticed their sign about the HOG discount, and told the young lady at the registration desk that we weren't riding Harley's, had a Yamaha, a Kawasaki, and a Honda parked out front. She said it didn't matter, they gave the same deal to all riders.

We were treated WONDERFULLY by the folks at this motel. Parked under the front overhang where the staff could keep watch on our bikes overnight. Got a free Welcome package that included a can cooler, a dusting rag, and a bunch of other stuff. They also told us to feel free to ask for towels to use to clean our bikes.

Attached to this Best Western was a bar and grill with a biker theme. Great food, great service, what an exceptional place to stay. I really hated to leave the next morning and head on to the south.

The next night we stayed at a Best Western in Cherokee, NC. What a dive! Not even free ice!!! Had to walk across the street to a C-store to buy ice. When asked about a biker discount, the registration desk said they never heard of such a thing and were sure that BW had no such offers. They were rude, the place was a dump compared to the one in Banner Elk......Cherokee is basically a tourist attraction that you want to avoid, IMO.

I really think that it depends on which BW you stop at...some will give you good service, others won't. Just like any other chain when you come to think of it.

I have been a big fan of BW for what little travel I do however have pretty much always used their services. Though most of my experiences have been A+++, do to their being franchises there can be variation's in service, quality and style. Pretty sure bet that unlike the cookie cutter chains out there your local BW will be different from your Aunt Sally's in Iowa. That being said I have noticed that I have never been refused the "Harley" discount when I inquired and if you be come a club member you still get the points, don't read to much into the whole Hog promo. I did read that BW cooperate does keep close tabs on each and every place with their name on it and in fact I believe these places have to reapply annually to keep their franchise status. I like that. There will always be a couple of bad apples in every barrel so just speak out and voice your concerns and input, it WILL make a difference.

Norm