IGNORED

What the heck? Computer ?

Question for you computer experts. When I go to a web site for an association I belong to and try to open a document the typical box opens. The options are "Save this file" and "Open using MS Word". Mine has always said Open with MS Word but now says open with "Windows Shell Common DII" or it could be D11. Any ideas what this may be? I do have MS Word on the laptop.

EDIT: I saved the document I needed to My Documents and it went to a File Maker Pro file which is a program we use for this same association and a program I recently did some upgrades on. Any idea how to get this back to MS Word?

Edited by Bigfoot

Question for you computer experts. When I go to a web site for an association I belong to and try to open a document the typical box opens. The options are "Save this file" and "Open using MS Word". Mine has always said Open with MS Word but now says open with "Windows Shell Common DII" or it could be D11. Any ideas what this may be? I do have MS Word on the laptop.

EDIT: I saved the document I needed to My Documents and it went to a File Maker Pro file which is a program we use for this same association and a program I recently did some upgrades on. Any idea how to get this back to MS Word?

Open Windows Explorer and go to the Tools menu, choose Folder Options and click on the File Types tab. Scroll down to the DOC file type and re-associate it to MS Word.

Thanks SilvrT

I wound up talking to a comp geek today associated with an association I belong to. He linked to computer and helped me fix it. I believe we did what you just suggested. Had to reload Adobe as I lost it somehow and need it to read a PDF file.

Thanks SilvrT

I wound up talking to a comp geek today associated with an association I belong to. He linked to computer and helped me fix it. I believe we did what you just suggested. Had to reload Adobe as I lost it somehow and need it to read a PDF file.

You're welcome ... glad to help and that you got things straightened out.