IGNORED

What kind of car do you drive?

Freebird

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1975 Pontiac Catalina (See the classified Let's deal!!!)

1977 Datsun 620 pickup (135,000Miles - down for exhaust leak)

1979 Chevy 2WD K5 Blazer (290,000 Miles -My son drives it)

1983 Chevy Caprice Classic (295,000 Miles - My daily driver)

1995 Saturn SC1 Coupe (175,000 Miles -My Wife's car)

Muffinman pretty much rides his bikes. He does have an 85 F-150 that hasn't gone very far once the gas prices went way up. She needs a battery and probably new tires and she'd be back on the road.

I have a '99 Mustang that I love has over 110,000 miles on it. Also have a 97 Mustang that threw a rod. Got it used and the folks that had it before us abused it.

And of course I now drive the 2010 Ranger sport. I really like that. We had a ranger years ago along with many other vehicles. The Fords always ran well for me, never had a problem. There's a VW project car sitting in the shed. Actually that's all the vehicles in the yard now.

Margaret

Brenda has a '01 Audi TT convertible, baseball stiching and all she loves it!

I drive an '07 dodge 3500 w the clean burning diesel, the clean burning engine burns more fuel then the standard diesel especially at highway speeds. I went from 25mpg (chipped) in my standard cab to 12 in my crew cab!! Not sure if the extra fuel burned to create a clean burning engine is actually causing more "pollution" then a "dirty" diesel

I drive an '06 F150 Supercab 4X4 and it's the best truck I've ever owned. That's the one we drive when we're on trips or just running around as a family.

My wife has an '06 Mitsubishi Endeavor that's been a good vehicle, but she hates it. I guess after a few more payments, she'll have something else. If mamma ain't happy...nobody's happy.

this is what i drive:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh131/seuadr/P1030616.jpg

We bought it for many reasons, but the look (which reminds me of a fighter jet) was definitally part of it.

getting a combined 28mpg average (i'm about 60% city, too!) was definitally another reason. It was 19,000 out the door fully loaded with everything but an in dash GPS/MP3 player. Came with a 6 year, unlimited mileage, bumper to bumper warranty, a 10 year, unlimited mileage corrosion warranty (not just undercoating, ANYWHERE!) and they had a special running that included a 20 year, 200,000 mile drivetrain warranty. Combine that with comfy seats, 100% flat fold down rear seats, a 6 speaker (with subwoofer) 1000w rockford radio with 6 CD changer and XM built in and the other features standard for the price, it was a no brainer for us.

it also handles like it's glued to the pavement, and even though it has 18'' wheels, they are an odd size so i actually paid less for pirellies for my car than my wife did for her ford tarus for michelliens :D

can you tell i love this car? :whistling:

I don't think I've ever seen this question asked. I'm curious because it was time to replace Eileen's car and we looked at a lot of vehicles trying to decide what to buy this time. I pretty much left it up to her but it got me wondering what the rest of you here drive.

So....what are you driving and are you happy with it?

We've got an 05 Infiniti G35 coupe....3.5 V6, it's the nicest car I've ever owned, and I've had a few.....we both drive the G, Beth in the warm weather, me in the winter. We also have a 99 Volvo S80 sedan, twin turbo, 24 valve, dual overhead cam motor.....surprisingly good gas mileage. Also have a 96 Mazda B4000 4x4 extended cab, 4.0 V6, nice little truck, same as a Ford Ranger.

We both love the Infiniti...yup, it's an offshore, but it is one awesome car.

gunk

She presently has a 2005 Subaru Outback Wagon, she really likes it and I'm TOTALLY confident about her being able to get wherever she goes because of the All Wheel Drive feature.

this is good to know! we are really considering looking at the 2010 forster.. supposedly they are going to have one in a disel TDI .. 45 mpg highway .. now i feel a little better about looking so hard at that company :D

I have a 2004 Chevy Impala LS Great Family car great on gas, Thats about it

It has 65,000 km The Speedo wants to work when it feels like, The abs and traction shuts off when it feels like it,

The Rear defroster is shot , shoot the engineer who designedthe location of the fuse which is located behind t the fuse box (passenger side) driving lights suck

:crying::crying::crying::crying::rotfl::rotfl:

I've owned various makes and models over the years, the big three mostly with Nissan & VW's thrown in the mix.

Current vechicals are 01 Club cab 1500 4x4 pickup (my driver) 106k on the clock , 07 Kia Sportage 2wd as our daily driver, 07 Mustang convertable ( our summer fun car) and the bike

Looked long and hard at all of the suv's when we bought the Kia. Seemed to be the best bang for the buck at the time. We're very happy having chosen it so far. 50 k on the odometer.

Larry

When the weather is right, I ride my 08 Venture Trike. Otherwise I drive my recently purchased 06 Nissan Frontier. I had a big Dodge Hemi (been a Dodge / Chrysler family for many years) and when my son decided to look for a big truck, I offered it to him and decided to downsize. I purchased a Dodge Dakota (used) and when it started to have problems right off, traded for the Nissan which I am very happy with.

Last year, Pat sold her Chrysler Sebring and bought an 09 Chrysler 300 which she had wanted for several years. She LOVES it.

Don

I have an '06 Taurus. Irene has an '03 F-150 extended cab with a V-6. I had a '99 Taurus before that. No problems whatsoever with the '99 or the truck. I've had to replace the idler pulley on the '06. I also have a '95 F-150 work truck with a V-8. I had to replace the throttle position sensor at 114,000 miles. The previous owner abused it terribly and I got it cheap.

I've had good luck with Fords.

'97 loaded Chrysler Town & Country van for my wife (6 kids), gift from her sister when they bought a new one. Almost 200K miles on it - great vehicle except for the mileage.

I've had a bunch of different vehicles over the years. I just finished rebuilding the engine & going through a '92 Subaru Justy 4WD, 5speed, 3 cylinder, 35mpg winter commuter car for me. My '83 Venture is my commuter during the rest of the year.

before, I have had; a '97 Toyota Tacoma Truck (me), '76 suped up Dodge short bed 4X4 truck (me), '92 2WD Justy (me), old Datsun truck (me), '83 Datsun 280ZX Turbo (me), '72 Chev Suburban (Wife), '72 GMC 3/4 ton truck (me), '85 GMC custom van (wife), older caravan w/flames (my wife got a lot of funny comments w/that vehicle), old Subaru 4WD station wagon (me), '75 Jeep CJ5 (me), '83 Honda CB1000Custom Bike (me), '97 Pontiac Firebird (me), Honda Prelude (me)...had a Renault Lecar at one time (me).

Doug

We have more than we need with only my wife and I driving. We each have a nice vehicle and we each have what we call "beaters" because they look like they have bene beat.

2000 F-350 4X4 turbo diesel

1994 Nissan Hardbody truck 4X4

2004 Mercedes Benz E320

2000 Saturn SL

Plus bikes.......2008 RSV and a 1993 Virago

You will typically find me driving the Nissan and my wife driving the Saturn. If we go out together, we'll drive the Mercedes