IGNORED

I'm Back Again.....

Aussie Annie

Hello to all my wonderful friends. :You_Rock_Emoticon: Thanks for all your well wishes and prayers.

Home from hospital and trying to adjust to all this metal on my leg!! I will wear it till the bone heals, which could be up to six months :yikes: I wore the other one for eight months!!

I have four metal rings around my lower right leg and attached to those are 12 wires going into the bone, and two bigger bolts going in to hold the bone out and in place in my shin.

Biggest risk is infection, and I have to keep them clean and not allow the skin to attach to the wires etc. OUCH !!

Doctor's think that because my knee doesn't bend anymore the leg chose the next weakest area to try and bend.....which was at the bone graft site. Once the leg heals I think I may have to wear some sort of brace on the lower leg to prevent it wanting to bend -- but that's okay, and better than not walking at all.

So, will take some time to sit here at the 'puter for long, but the good thing is: I'M BACK :big-grin-emoticon:

Annie, good to see you back here. Even if it's under those miserable Circumstances, i'm glad to hear from you. Take your Time and watch your Leg very closely and I'm sure you'll be back on the Road. Might take some Time, but you're a strong Lady and this Day will come.

Edited by Squeeze

I'm so glad you're home and back here with the family. Now ya know it really hasn't been the same around here without you. There's certain members that need to be keep in line and we need all the help we can get to achieve that. I won't mention the guys but I'm sure you can figure out which ones I'm talking about. So you have lots to do on here to keep you busy while you heal.

We love ya and missed ya while you were gone.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Margaret