IGNORED

Cool Helmet, Jelous Cop

BigG

The 2009 Florida Statutes

Chapter 876

CRIMINAL ANARCHY, TREASON, AND OTHER CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER

876.12 Wearing mask, hood, or other device on public way.--No person or persons over 16 years of age shall, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, enter upon, or be or appear upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, highway, or other public way in this state.

876.155 Applicability; ss. 876.12-876.15.--The provisions of ss. 876.12-876.15 apply only if the person was wearing the mask, hood, or other device:

(1) With the intent to deprive any person or class of persons of the equal protection of the laws or of equal privileges and immunities under the laws or for the purpose of preventing the constituted authorities of this state or any subdivision thereof from, or hindering them in, giving or securing to all persons within this state the equal protection of the laws;

(2) With the intent, by force or threat of force, to injure, intimidate, or interfere with any person because of the person's exercise of any right secured by federal, state, or local law or to intimidate such person or any other person or any class of persons from exercising any right secured by federal, state, or local law;

(3) With the intent to intimidate, threaten, abuse, or harass any other person; or (4) While she or he was engaged in conduct that could reasonably lead to the institution of a civil or criminal proceeding against her or him, with the intent of avoiding identification in such a proceeding.

876.16 Sections 876.11-876.15; exemptions.--The following persons are exempted from the provisions of ss. 876.11-876.15:

(1) Any person or persons wearing traditional holiday costumes;

(2) Any person or persons engaged in trades and employment where a mask is worn for the purpose of ensuring the physical safety of the wearer, or because of the nature of the occupation, trade, or profession;

(3) Any person or persons using masks in theatrical productions, including use in Gasparilla celebrations and masquerade balls; (4) Persons wearing gas masks prescribed in emergency management drills and exercises.

Yes it is against the law to protect your head when on a bike.

I also see that it went into the law books in 1951.

Edited by KB2RWW

You would think 876.16 Sections 876.11-876.15; exemptions.

(2) Any person or persons engaged in trades and employment where a mask is worn for the purpose of ensuring the physical safety of the wearer, or because of the nature of the occupation, trade, or profession;

My Trade/Occupation & Profession at that time is MC-Rider, I'm Exempt right?

The 2009 Florida Statutes

Chapter 876

CRIMINAL ANARCHY, TREASON, AND OTHER CRIMES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER

876.12 Wearing mask, hood, or other device on public way.--No person or persons over 16 years of age shall, while wearing any mask, hood, or device whereby any portion of the face is so hidden, concealed, or covered as to conceal the identity of the wearer, enter upon, or be or appear upon any lane, walk, alley, street, road, highway, or other public way in this state.

876.155 Applicability; ss. 876.12-876.15.--The provisions of ss. 876.12-876.15 apply only if the person was wearing the mask, hood, or other device:

(1) With the intent to deprive any person or class of persons of the equal protection of the laws or of equal privileges and immunities under the laws or for the purpose of preventing the constituted authorities of this state or any subdivision thereof from, or hindering them in, giving or securing to all persons within this state the equal protection of the laws;

(2) With the intent, by force or threat of force, to injure, intimidate, or interfere with any person because of the person's exercise of any right secured by federal, state, or local law or to intimidate such person or any other person or any class of persons from exercising any right secured by federal, state, or local law;

(3) With the intent to intimidate, threaten, abuse, or harass any other person; or (4) While she or he was engaged in conduct that could reasonably lead to the institution of a civil or criminal proceeding against her or him, with the intent of avoiding identification in such a proceeding.

876.16 Sections 876.11-876.15; exemptions.--The following persons are exempted from the provisions of ss. 876.11-876.15:

(1) Any person or persons wearing traditional holiday costumes;

(3) Any person or persons using masks in theatrical productions, including use in Gasparilla celebrations and masquerade balls; (4) Persons wearing gas masks prescribed in emergency management drills and exercises.

Yes it is against the law to protect your head when on a bike.

I also see that it went into the law books in 1951.

I would say that according to this, any SAFETY helmet or mask would then be legal. :whistling:

Bryan

Getting off of the cop for just a moment.........Does Florida have a law about riding around looking like a DORK?:buttkick: Just asking:rotf:

That proves it -

THE ENTIRE WORLD HAS GONE MAD.

MAD I SAY - DO YA HEAR ME?

M-A-D!

Best post yet! :sign outstanding:

I dunno, Monsta, looks like a toss up between Smely and spear to me. :hihi:

It reads as if a full face helmet is against the law as well - look out crotch rockets

My wife wears a 3/4 helmet with a full mirrored shield -

I'm sure that there are antiquated laws still on the books in all of our states that put many of us in jeopardy of a ticket on a daily basis.

a wise person once told me to choose my battles......just sayin...!

also not saying what went down is right....

You're absolutely right, I'm totally with you. It's not wise to take such a Fight.

But .... On the other Hand, this Deputy should make into Fox News, just because to show others likewise minded People that they're won't get through with such Actions. If all People with a somewhat normal Mindset(this of Course depends and is an Issue on it's own) let all these Things go, you know where will end end up ?

Sad to say, but true ...

In todays World ....

I'm sure that there are antiquated laws still on the books in all of our states that put many of us in jeopardy of a ticket on a daily basis.

A few years ago my naber up the road had one of his horses stolen, the cops found the horse and the person's that took it and he took them to Cort for restitution.

they and there loyer were shocked to learn that my naber was seeking the death penalty towards them, the town still has a law that allows you to hanging horse thief's and he was pushing for it real hard. in the end he got his horse back and they got 5 years in prison, the judge told them they wear lucky he was in a good mood other wise he'd allow it and they can try to fight it in a higher Court.

When I was in Florida during the years of the helmut war litigation,

I used to take note at all the recalcitrant riders on they're way to

Daytona Beach Bike Week.

Many had weird style helmuts, which the local police had to

adjudicate legality enroute, but the winner one year was a guy

with a huge Tina Turner wig flapping in the air! When the officer

pulled him over for no helmut laws, the rider showed th police

that he had GLUED a Tina Turner wig over a DOT, Snell Florida

approved helmut! The cop was red faced, and had to let him go!

I find it amusing that the local police have time to consider picking

pepper out of fly**** when there is so much crime out there which

requires them to wear MASKS to hide their identity when they make

SWAT and Undercover raids on the bad guys.

Overgrown boy scout mentality! Abuse of Police powers! The intent

of that helmut wearer met none of the REASONS for the prohibition!

Keep fighting for social freedoms or the police state we now live in

will become unbearable!:256: OOPS! That's a MASK!!!:12101:OOPS!

:bluesbrother: OOPS!:sun:OOPS! :Cartoon_397: OOPS! :Cool_cool36:OOPS!:whistling::whistling::whistling::sun1:

Sunayman

Looks like the guy got just what he wanted---a bunch of attention and stir some sh**. The deputy on the other hand could have intended to bring some attention to an outdated and dumb law still on the books. In either case it worked. The rider was given a warning so it didn't cost him anything. Abuse of power, get a grip.