IGNORED

Have you started your bike?

Venturous Randy

The other day when we had a high of about 22º, I warmed my car to change the oil and while out on the carport, I started the bike. I turned on the ignition key, flipped the kill switch about 6 times, pulled the choke lever about 3/4 and hit the button. About a second later, it fired to life and ran about two seconds. I hit it again and it again fired to life and ran surprising well. I let it run until the temp gauge got close to the red and shut her down.

With what I am going through in my life right now, the good Lord knew how much I needed to hear that sweet sound. :happy65:

RandyA

I fire up my scoot 2x's a week and let her run for at least 40 minutes at idle. I keep the gas tank FULL of premium gas heavily treated with Seafoam as well. Before I shut her down I operate all the clutch/brake levers/pedals too. I also keep a Battery Maintainer on 24/7 except when I am ready to fire her up. Tire pressures are checked every 2 weeks as well.

Boomer.....who's scoot is always ready to roll.:happy65:

I start mine every couple of weeks. It sure is nice to hear that engine! We've been getting into the 40's to 50 here this past week and the snow is melting! supposed to hit the 50's on Sunday. Hopefully the gravel will melt clear by Sunday so I can take a ride!

we started to thaw a few days ago, and i took a shot at gettin past the ice on the driveway today......FIRST RIDE OF THE NEW YEAR!!!! and it was a good-un. took it out on the hiway and opened it up a bit. sure felt good....my body and mind both need alot more time in the saddle.....come on spring!!:thumbsup:

I fire up my scoot 2x's a week and let her run for at least 40 minutes at idle. I keep the gas tank FULL of premium gas heavily treated with Seafoam as well. Before I shut her down I operate all the clutch/brake levers/pedals too. I also keep a Battery Maintainer on 24/7 except when I am ready to fire her up. Tire pressures are checked every 2 weeks as well.

Boomer.....who's scoot is always ready to roll.:happy65:

Not quite as diligent as Boomer but I do start the bike once a week and the gas definitely has Seafoam in it.

Well I guess I should been like you guys BUT I didn't. Took the cover off the bike, pulled the chock, hit the starter and NOTHING!!:bang head: I have it on a charger now but may just go and get a new battery. :mo money:This one is over 4 years old and I have been told that these bike batteries are only good for 3 years.:2143:

Started mine today. (Had to buy a new battery for the duc:think: despite it being on a battery tender (old battery, what can ya say?). Anyway both ran well. Wanted to take a bit of a ride 'cause the temps were up in the mid 40's, but I've got a 1/4 mile driveway and it's still got some ice on it, so I'll wait another day or so:happy65:

First day above freezing here in a long time. Snow still in the fields but roads were clear and I couldn't resist. Turned the key, applied choke, and pushed start - fired up on the first try. Only rode around the back roads for a little while but let-er-fly down several straights. Took it up and filled the gas tank. Feels great to get it up and going.

This is the first year i've had the Venture in my own garage. Stored at a friends last year. I was late in treating it as i normally do for winter storage. I usually load the tank top it off with Stabilzer, or Seafoam run it down into the carbs for ten minutes then pull the batteries and put them to bed till march or April. This year it took me alsmost twenty minutes or longer with work light heating the oil [pan of my Honda to get it running. But the Venture only took two or three stabs at the starter button and she started right up.

I was impressed! Can't wait for Spring.

While there was snow on the ground, we had dry roads and above freezing temps here in Toronto today. My VR is parked in a heated garage so I couldn't resist. It fired up without a problem and I went for a two hour run. It felt great.

YUP, I fire my up almost every week in the garage (86 VR from Squidley when Lonna let him sell it to me) ... and

Yesterday I fired her up and onto the drive way while the repair folks fixed the garage door opener. Mid 40's today; 50's tomorrow through Sun, ... so two of my riding buddies will be joined by me and we will hit the county roads, and a little towards the beautiful Rockies. We will continue to have our perfect blue skies and great sunshine at our 5,000+ feet, ... which makes it all so warm, at least in our minds! LOL

Take care ya all, all over this great country and Canada. We WILL be riding every day. May take out tomorrow for a noon meet with a shorties around Horsetooth Lake to the west of Ft Collins, Co., ... for a little taste of what is coming Sat and Sun. LOL.

And yup, I let her run till she's warm, just love the sounds, and use that seafoam too.

All stay up and happy, safe and ride hard that way, and if you have one, always with your Queen Seat or UP Lady Rider! For you are the lucky ones. Still looking for my next!

JackZ

Ft Collins, CO

Having a nice thaw here too but noway I can make it to the closest paved road. Its a half mile from the house and gravel roads here are still covered in packed snow and ice. BUT I need to hear it run so Today I will fire it up and hear that sweet sound and dream of spring!:draming:

I got out yesterday for a couple hours. Bike ran great, only a couple tiny things to do before springtime. I have been able to get it out on the road at least once a month so far.Last winter I put 3000 miles on her. Cause it was a new toy.

I've fired mine up anytime it's warm enough to leave the garage door open for a while. I have a lower garage going into my basement that has my boat and my bike inside. Don't like to let it get too cold in there. The bike does fire right up every time and sounds great. Can't wait until spring, but I've gotta get the projects done on it first.