IGNORED

Mk2 Cooling Hoses

Grisolm1

Any ides on alternate cooling hose sections (there sure are a lot of em!) while I have my scoot apart vs buying expensive OEM parts.

How many have had problems with coolant hoses or am I Just being anal. They look fine but are over 20 years old now.

That's a good idea! I haven't thought of changing out the hoses, but now this is making me think twice (because the bike is still completely apart). I bet getting heater hoses from the auto parts store is a cheap and effective way to replace the lines.
It is but if you go to a hose and fitting supplier instead you can get the hoses in silicone which stands up to heat better, were the hose's are in close proximity to a heat source such as an exhaust pipe etc.:thumbsup2:

well here goes nothing. i got a 01 venture 78k miles on it ride it daily and across all the western usa. but i've developed a seaping coolent leak from a rubber plugs just below the rear two heads . i've replaced the radiator cap thinking its a pressure build up when its hot but after two days of sitting its still seaping .

help my baby

well here goes nothing. i got a 01 venture 78k miles on it ride it daily and across all the western usa. but i've developed a seaping coolent leak from a rubber plugs just below the rear two heads . i've replaced the radiator cap thinking its a pressure build up when its hot but after two days of sitting its still seaping .

help my baby

Many of us have had this slow leak after the bike gets 7-8 years old. There is a rubber plug in each cylinder under the false fins. Four plugs = less than $20.00.

Three bolts removes each fin cover, slip out the old plug and slip in the new. If you are quick, you won't even loose much coolant.