IGNORED

got the spekers installed

hi,again.i posted last night about my 83 venture standard,i wanted to have some music on my bike.i got alot of feeback,thanks.the first thing i did was check to see if there were speaker in the cover,there were none.some of the guys on here told me about some 4 inch 3 ways at walmart for 25 bucks.i got them and installed them.i also saw at walmart they have a marine cd player with the aux input plus it has the cd cover to keep out the rain for an 100 bucks .the radio is 100 watts .the knobs are rubber and large .easy to control.i was thinking about getting it.what is my next move i dont know about the wiring on a bike.can anyone help me.i dont want to fry anything.does anyone have some pics or literature on this.thanks again breezelasbre

Edited by breezelasbre73

before you take it to a dealor or the llike. Look up the members in tx. there are a lot of good peaple down there who might be willing and able to help. Set up a mini maintenence day and have plenty of food and beverages and you would be surprised how many peaple might show up.

David

Mine is a 200 watt cd player, and it does just fine. You should have no problems, as long as the speakers can handle the wattage. I bought some better quality speakers, so that I can turn it up loud, and hear it without distortion while doing 65mph.

I have a Sony Xplod, but not sure of the model number at the moment. I would go to the local pawn shops and see what can be had for a few bucks. I have bought two of these, because they are high quality, and they seem to have an excellent antenna booster. It picks up a station on just about every push of the tune button. Very good reception. I think I gave around $40 for each one at the pawn shop.

EDIT: here it is new. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5148257 Mine has the MP3 capability too. There are a few different models.

before you take it to a dealor or the llike. Look up the members in tx. there are a lot of good peaple down there who might be willing and able to help. Set up a mini maintenence day and have plenty of food and beverages and you would be surprised how many peaple might show up.

David

:sign yeah that:

I agree with David 100% if you have the bike with you in Texas I would post a thread for some assistance. Knowing many of the Texas brothers as I do, I'd be willing to bet that a couple of them would either have you at the house or come to you to help install it. I would be glad to....but I'm still in a frozen land called Michigan, but Texas is calling me back as soon as Dad's hip is good enough for him to be left alone :)

me and my wife went by a stereo installation place and did some checking around.i asked a few questions,i checked on a 40 watt amp with the ipod mps hook up it cost about 50 bucks they can install it for about 200 bucks that with the amp.i can do that an wouldnt have to worry about skipping cds.he also had a set up with 4 6x9 and a 4 channel amp.the speaker would be mounted in the luggage compartment, 2 in each one.he would drill holes in the luggage for the sound to come out of the inclosure.he said it was loud and clear just like in a car.imagine the sound comming off of that bike.plenty of tickets for loud music. that will run you about 700 bucks for that set up.to much for me