IGNORED

Bub Exhaust vs. Baron Nasty Boys

Pastor Steve

The question you have to answer for yerself is : HOW MUCH LOUD DO I WANT?

I have the Baron's Nasty Boys and I have heard NOTHING out there that beats those pipes for LOUDNESS on a Venture.

Boomer.....who sez ta hell wit the light sleepers and squirrels in de morning. Fire up de bike and ROAR down de road.:crackup:

Boomer.....who sez ta hell wit the light sleepers and squirrels in de morning. Fire up de bike and ROAR down de road.[/color][/size]:crackup:

"DOO_DAA DOO-DAA,,,,,YA! I GOT'S DEM "PERSONALIZED" HDFLT'S ON MINZE!!!! (REAL RERSONALIZED!) N' DEM SQUARRILS DOO RUN-RUN! B'SIDES IT'S REAL PURDY IN DA MORN'IN!

RENNE,,,,,,,,,,,(WHO THANKS BOOMER FOR AG HELP) :97:

I have the Barons slash cuts, not the 4-2-4's. I really like em. They are loud but have a real nice sound to them. When you are cruising along they have a real nice even tone to them. Sound like an old chevy with glass packs on it. Havent heard a set of Bubs. The Barons are loud, you can hear me coming from a long ways away.

Between those two, I would go with the Khromewerks. :)

:goodpost:. Beer30 has the barons, I have Khromewerks and Sleeperhawk was following us last weekend in his truck and said that all he could hear was Beer30's bike. I think the Khromewerks are loud enough on the interstate for long periods of time.

I have heard the nasty boys and bubs on some of my friends ventures. The nasty boys are a little louder but higher pitched. The bubs are a little quieter and lower in tone. I run sampson turn downs originally made for the TD. They are much lower in pitch and between the other two for loudness.

As stated , I have the 4-2-4 Nasty boys . As far as hearing them while on the scoot , they are not that loud as compared too from being behind them . I listen to the tunes via the speakers volume set generally on 14-15 at any speeds . I can set the volume lower and still hear , but that's my sweet spot . Wife and I both wear shorty helmets . She generally tells me that they do not annoy her at all , even on the long runs . She tells me that she feels as if we are riding in a large pack .

StudMuffins and SleeperHawks sound lower and deeper than the Nasty Boys and sound great as well when traveling with them . I have had the HD pipes drill out in all phases , hardest for me to tell what they sounded like while riding . To me it was more important to hear them while in the saddle than what other people thought around me .

I know some do not like being behind the 4-2-4's . I respect that and will pull the back of the pack if asked .

BEER30

slightly off the topic but did any of you have to mess with the carbs? I just got a pair of LA Choppers mufflers but have to wait till spring. :snow:

thanx

I blocked my AIS system and we re-synched the carbs when I put the Baron's 4-2-4's on my scoot. We did nothing else to the carbs. There are different opinions about blocking the AIS to begin with but it sure worked for me to eliminate the popping and slight back-firing I wuz hearing.

As it is now when I start hearing any slight popping I get the carbs re-synched and all is good to go.

Boomer....still waking up the yuppies and scaring the squirrels outta the tree's with those Nasty Boys.