IGNORED

Best overall pipes

Bigfoot

Okay. This is sure to draw several opinions but I'd be happy to read them. I'd like to outfit my 04 RSV with new pipes and I'm not sure which to buy. I'd like a little more of a throaty sound without it sounding obnoxious. In other words I don't want people (especially my neighbors) to look at me when I drive by and bad mouth me like I bad mouth others with loud pipes. I saw a recent discussion on here about the Khrome Werks (sp?) but was wondering about what others have installed and liked.

Thanks in advance

Wayne

Sounds like Harley Road King pipes fit your description.

The Kromewherks are suppose to be pretty loud, the Baron's are loud, even if you wrap the pipes, the Bub's aren't as loud as the Baron's but the chrome peels. You could also drill out the factory pipes and have a mouse farting in a coffee can!!!:rotf:

Stock one are a best. not to loud and just good enough to let others know there is powet under V4. I Like sound not to be obnoxius, so i can hear some tunes out of speakers,( With 1/2 helmet ). Thats My Taste. I Know Most of VR Riders are driling out baffers of Road King pipes...Not me. I have Road King pipes Hanging in my garage, and "Sofa Pilot's" bracket for Them, And never install'em cuz of noice.

For Great Sound i'm bought Stratoliner with stock pipes, to make Harley Riders ashame without spending Big bucks..

Just My 2c

I don't know about the Road King pipes. After hearing them and comparing them with BUBS and Krome Werks, Krome Werks have a nice deep rumble, the BUBS I heard were loud, and Road King seem just a cut above stock pipes in sound.

I would like someone that has Samson's to record and post the sound.

:stirthepot::)

Guest tone100

Check out the wild pig pipes on ebay for a harley dresser. They are loud but my wife said they aren't as loud as the cobras on my shadow. They are very deep and only 175 brand new. If someone would tell me the best way to record them I'll do it.

A friend of mine has a 99 venture and has the Kromewerks pipes. They don't sound loud to me. Just a deep rumble.

They loud - got rid of mine and went with RK's stage IV - perfect! :stirthepot:

RoadHouse Moto !!! Best sounding pipes I've ever owned. Deep throaty sound but NOT obnoxious... unless you take out the baffles.. I've had Krome Works DD on my Honda 750 shadow, Vance & Hines on my Wide Glide and Vance and Hines on my Nomad over the years and these Road House pipes on my Venture are the best of all of them, hands down.

Steve:)

I did mine for gas cost -100 round trip. Brand new wrapped in plastic. 1st thing MANY do is have the dealer put on new pipes before bike pickup. They gots lot's of NOS pipes laying around. :)

I did mine for gas cost -100 round trip. Brand new wrapped in plastic. 1st thing MANY do is have the dealer put on new pipes before bike pickup. They gots lot's of NOS pipes laying around. :)

Got mine for free since they were just sitting on the shelf, $30.00 for clamps and $10.00 for the metal for the brackets and all the nuts and bolts. Can't beat $40.00 for a throatier sounding exhaust.

Guest JGorom

I had a set of KhromeWerks on my RSTD when I owned it that I really liked. I thought the sound was nice but not obnoxious. I did notice that they got a bit louder over time and I know with the KhromeWerks you can re-pack the baffles to quiet them down (nice feature). In terms of fit and finish...I think the KhromeWerks are very well made and chromed. I went with the turned down tips.

Currently I ride stock with my Venture because I too like to listen to the radio at times and enjoy the quiet when it is not on.