IGNORED

VentureRider Server Upgrade

Freebird

OK folks....just a little heads up here. I've decided to upgrade our server for VentureRider.org The hosting company is running a special and I need to take advantage of it. For very little more money, we will double our disk space, double our monthly bandwidth and almost double our ram. In addition to faster processors and etc.

This should be fairly seamless with little or NO downtime. That's my hope anyway. I'll let you know just before I pull the trigger. :whistling:

So, the heroic save of the ham wasn't enough for ya , huh? :superman: I understand the desire to take a good deal when one is presented, but are you sure you're up to it? I'm sure you can probably do whatever needs to be done while laying on the couch sipping your favorite beverage, but just think of what will happen when you sneeze and your drink hit's the laptop and the laptop hits the floor!:smash2::bang head:

Merry Christmas and may GOD Bless you and yours!

I think I'll go push some snow around since the blizzard is finally over... Hopefully Venturerider.org will still be after all the snow is pushed around.:duck:

was that me or you ? something went bump ! clicked new post and got the dreaded page not there thingy , almost had a hartatack . but everything works great now , glad you gave us the warning .

Uh....yea...that was me. :) Just a little hiccup there....nothing to worry about...uh...nothing at all. So far...just a handful...or few...database errors. It will be seamless I'm telling you....uh...totally seamless.

Uh....yea...that was me. :) Just a little hiccup there....nothing to worry about...uh...nothing at all. So far...just a handful...or few...database errors. It will be seamless I'm telling you....uh...totally seamless.

Maybe you should lay off the Christmas cheer till its done Boss....:whistling::fnd_(16):

Guest tx2sturgis

Was that HAL assuring us it will all be OK?

:whistling:

Just for grins, heres a HAL quote from the movie:

HAL: Let me put it this way, Mr. Amor. The 9000 series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000 computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definition of the words, foolproof and incapable of error.

So far, so good... :bowdown:

Edited by tx2sturgis

WOW...you folks have SUCH little confidence. Have I EVER let you DOWN? :whistling: OK....let's just pretend that I didn't ask THAT particular question.

At any rate, the upgrade is DONE. All is well in VentureRider Land. :thumbsup2:

HELLO? HELLO? IS ANY BODY THERE? CAN YOU HEAR ME?

THE SCREEN WENT BLANK AND I AM SITTING HERE ALL ALONE.

HELP! :yikes:

FEEL BETTER NOW DON? DON? HELLO DON?

ARE YOU THERE? JUST KIDDING !!!!!!!!

TAKE THREE FINGERS OF JACK AND YOU'LL FEEL BETTER :stirthepot:

OK folks....just a little heads up here. I've decided to upgrade our server for VentureRider.org The hosting company is running a special and I need to take advantage of it. For very little more money, we will double our disk space, double our monthly bandwidth and almost double our ram. In addition to faster processors and etc.

This should be fairly seamless with little or NO downtime. That's my hope anyway. I'll let you know just before I pull the trigger. :whistling:

See if they'll throw in a new RSV, for me.:smile5:

WOW...you folks have SUCH little confidence. Have I EVER let you DOWN? :whistling: OK....let's just pretend that I didn't ask THAT particular question.

At any rate, the upgrade is DONE. All is well in VentureRider Land. :thumbsup2:

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:HE DA MAN, HE DA MAN :You_Rock_Emoticon::sign woo hoo::dancefool:

And I didn't have to duck either!!!! :clap2::thumbsup2::clap2: