IGNORED

Floorboard mounted pegs.

PITBULL

I needed some more room to stretch out on long rides. I thought about installing some crash bars and slap some pegs on 'em but they looked to be to far out and to high up. I want to relax not pull a muscle! So I saw some floorboard mounted highway pegs on a bike and started hunting them down online. $153 for the mounts! The ya had to buy the "mount specific" pegs. Screw that! I had some iso pegs laying around so what I did was bought me some hardened 1/8th in zinc plated L brackets from Ace Hardware for $8 and some nuts and bolts. All said and done right around $10. I cut the bracket to the length I needed with my trusty hacksaw and drilled the holes I wanted in the bracket the pulled the rubber pad off the board and drilled corresponding holes thru it. Bolted the brackets to the underside of the boards and drilled a mounting hole for the pegs. Badda Boom Badda Bing....took me about an hour. Will post pics if anyone is interested.

Next up....I think I figured out a way to mount a windshield without having to buy all of Yamahas overly expensive stuff.......post more after I run a few prototypes. But Im thinking that instead of dropping the $500 with Yamaha or the $325 with Memphis Shades I can do the whole shooting match for about $150...and the mounting should be more solid.....I hope

Will post pics if anyone is interested.

Heck Pitbull,

I thought that was rule # 2 on the site here....

Rule #1 of this site is... you must post pics of your ride...

Rule #2 you must post pics of your mods/ accessory additions

Rule #3 you must buy my favorite drink everytime you see me..

Rule #4 you must buy my dinner too

Rule #5 I'll think of something here in a minute...:rotf:

Very nicely done.

One thing you might want to look at, they appear to be upside down (rotate 180 degrees). You need to have them so they fold up. This may prevent them from snapping off in too tight a turn or even a stationary accidental pull of excess gravity.

RR

One thing you might want to look at, they appear to be upside down (rotate 180 degrees). You need to have them so they fold up. This may prevent them from snapping off in too tight a turn or even a stationary accidental pull of excess gravity.

I agree with RedRider....

they appear to be presently mounted upside down, and if you happen to drop the bike they will not fold up like they are supposed too..

:thumbsup2: