IGNORED

Battlescar Gigantica

Venturing Sole

I'm sooo bummed. Was leaving for work this morning and for some idiotic reason decided to try a slow tight circle turn in my driveway. Wound up three quarters of the way through the turn and knew I couldn't stay on the driveway. I stopped, but was facing downhill. Tried to duck walk the bike across a corner of the driveway and lost my balance on the sloping soft gravel ground. Bike fell to the downhill side. Took me two hours to get it upright with a winch and back onto the blacktop driveway. Major gravel rash on the left side of the front faring. Then had to bleed the clutch because it was spongy (probably introduced some air into the line when the bike was "upside down"). I'm such an idiot! Oh, and my back aches from trying to manhandle the beast upright.

Anyone know of an inexpensive black cherry front faring? Doh!

I'm sooo bummed. Was leaving for work this morning and for some idiotic reason decided to try a slow tight circle turn in my driveway. Wound up three quarters of the way through the turn and knew I couldn't stay on the driveway. I stopped, but was facing downhill. Tried to duck walk the bike across a corner of the driveway and lost my balance on the sloping soft gravel ground. Bike fell to the downhill side. Took me two hours to get it upright with a winch and back onto the blacktop driveway. Major gravel rash on the left side of the front faring. Then had to bleed the clutch because it was spongy (probably introduced some air into the line when the bike was "upside down"). I'm such an idiot! Oh, and my back aches from trying to manhandle the beast upright.

Anyone know of an inexpensive black cherry front faring? Doh!

Call Beer30 and get one of his Fairing covers to hide the rash that would be a lot less:mo money: Glad you are ok. :happy34: Take of your back you only have one. Stop trying to manhandle that beast treat her nice and she will return the favor.:crackup::crackup::crackup:

The last 2 times I tried practicing something, it always had a bad ending, So I dont practice anymore, I figure I get enough of that in my daily riding.......but the worst damage I ever did was to break the right side highway board in half, luckily a brand new set appeared on Ebay a week later and all was well again, in fact better than before, these were brand new and identical to the one I broke......:banana:...

About three weeks ago I was pulling into a friends front yard and what I usually do is park my bike on the sidewalk near his house. This time, due to my distraction, I was not paying good enough attention and was not going at enough of an angle and there was just enough difference in the height of the sidewalk to take me down. As I was going over, I remember trying to keep the bike from going all the way to the fairing, which I had just repaired and had painted last summer. Well, I kept it from going all the way, but I hit the ground very hard on my left chest area. I could not breath for a minute. Then, when I could breath, every breath hurt. After a little while, it got better, but three weeks later I am still sore. I don't know if I cracked a rib, but I sure bruised something.

The way I stayed with the bike kept me from hurting it, but not stepping away from the bike and letting it go sure did hurt me. :o

RandyA

In my job I have had to move heavy some heavy stuff. The rolls of carpet, the furniture. And back in the day I would collect scrap metal on days I was not working. You learn to get out of the way of anything that weighs over 200lb or so. The energy thats stored in these bikes is huge. Unless you can bench about 400lb just let it go down. And don't get in it's way...lol:missingtooth:

PS: Sorry about your bike and randya ribs too. Not "lol"in at you,buddy. My bike has bruised me up, too.

Edited by ddoggma
typo

I dropped mine on the down hill side once. I had backed out of a parking spot and turned the bike 90% right as I stopped I put out my left foot but it didn't touch the ground and over I went. I have the Ride like a Pro video and tried to pick her up by squatting down and grabbing as low as I could with my back up against the seat hand just start walking backwards just like the video showed. Nothing. Tried 3 or 4 times and the bike did not even budge. So out of desperation I turned facing the bike grabbed the left grip with my left hand and grabbed the rear passenger hand rest with my right hand and pushed and it stood right up. Go figure. :doh:

Try these people on ebay they may have the part. you may be able to call if you don't see the part in there ebay store.

pinwall_cycle_parts

Glad you are OK, and sorry about the oops. It happens to all of us or will someday.

A thought....if it is just rash on the fairing, then just do some repair. If not broken, a body shop should be able to easily fill in the scratches, and repaint, maybe even spot it in and cost would be pretty low compared to a new part.

Edited by dynodon