IGNORED

lift adapter

Woody

Yeah,

He sells them cheap and it's a free market, but I'm more than sure that Carbon One made that design 1st and this fella copied off it. Not to get into a pissin match, but I'll buy Larry's over that one everyday of the week :2cents:

Disclaimer: This is just my personal opinion as Larry is a very good friend of mine and has donated a couple of lift adapters to every International Rally we have had :happy34:

If you buy one, don't make the same mistake I did....

I thought I'd save a few bucks and get the standard model without the legs. Now, every time I use it I find myself wishing I had bought the freestanding model. I wonder if Larry would give me a trade-in??? :whistling:

He might make you a good offer to add the legs.....:2cents:

They are nice to have....

How much does Larry charge for a lift adapter and how do I go about getting one? (I'm thinking about buying a lift soon for my '89 VR).

Thanks,

WHCC

I don't think they work with the first gen Venture. I don't think you even need one with it. The second gen has a different frame and the engine extends below it. The adapter is made to work specifically on the second gen. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong.

After seeing Thom's G1 on his high lift jack, I would think all you would need to do is to widen Larry's adapter to fit under the exhaust. Possibly bolt on a pair of 2 X 4's.

[ATTACH]39152[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39153[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]39154[/ATTACH]

Yea that's the one that guy copied from my design and sells them on e-bay. I don't have a patent on the design so anyone could do a copy cat version of my lift adapters. Having said that thou I think most of our members do buy from me thus supporting a fellow member of this riding club. Also if you want a freestanding version with legs i'm your guy as he doesn't build those. Probably a bit more labor intensive than he cares for or whatever.

As Don says you really don't need one of my lift adapters for the 1st gen bikes. Besides the fact they won't fit on one.

As for adding legs to a previous customers Standard model I'd be willing to do that. E-mail me and we'll work out the details.

Ponch just how stable was that high lift jack when the bike was all the way up? I've looked at that style a couple of times and wondered about the stableness of it being up that high. Sure wouldn't have much bending over with that lift.

Larry

After seeing Thom's G1 on his high lift jack, I would think all you would need to do is to widen Larry's adapter to fit under the exhaust. Possibly bolt on a pair of 2 X 4's.

I looked at one of those but just didn't feel comfortable with the stability of it...especially since it's only support is on one side. I got one of those "Sears / Harbour Freight" style jacks and CarbonOne's adapter... works great for the 2nd gen. Never really needed anything for my 1st gen's due to the centre stand.

Ponch just how stable was that high lift jack when the bike was all the way up? I've looked at that style a couple of times and wondered about the stableness of it being up that high. Sure wouldn't have much bending over with that lift.

Larry

I looked at one of those but just didn't feel comfortable with the stability of it...

I must say I had my doubts when it started going up. After it was in the air, it seemed ok. Thom didn't strap it down and nobody stood guard over it to make sure it wouldn't fall. Squid must have trusted it as he was under it a while.

Maybe Thom or Squidly will chime in.

I looked at one of those but just didn't feel comfortable with the stability of it...especially since it's only support is on one side.

I must say I had my doubts when it started going up. After it was in the air, it seemed ok. Thom didn't strap it down and nobody stood guard over it to make sure it wouldn't fall. Squid must have trusted it as he was under it a while.

Maybe Thom or Squidly will chime in.

It wasn't terrible, but I would want some additional support if I was underneath and working by myself. Like any type of lift from China, I would reinforce it to meet my comfort level. It worked out pretty well and I wouldn't mind having one except it blocks 1 side of the bike when in use

:2cents:

It wasn't terrible, but I would want some additional support if I was underneath and working by myself. Like any type of lift from China, I would reinforce it to meet my comfort level. It worked out pretty well and I wouldn't mind having one except it blocks 1 side of the bike when in use

:2cents:

Thanks guys. I guess there's always pros & cons to stuff. This would be cheaper than a full size table lift yet like Squid says you're blocking one side of the bike. And would have to agree with Brad on addition safety features as well.

Larry

I must respectfully disagree with Don's and Carbon's statement.

The engine does hang below the frame (just a little). Unfortunately, the forward exhaust pipes hang below the engine. In order for me to lift the front end up (as I don't have a MC jack yet), I have to use a 6' 2x4 with a 4" or 6" piece screwed on the 6' piece of 2x4 so that it doesn't leave the weight resting on the pipes, but on the engine. The 2x4 is held up by a couple of 12"x12" paving bricks on each side. It lifts the front end up just enough to take the weight off the front end. The back end is still suspended on the center stand. Safe, probably not, but it gets the job done!

I do wish you could make a MC Jack adapter for the 1st Gen VRs. I'd have to get one if you did...especially if you could make an adapter with the legs for the 1st Gens!

As Don says you really don't need one of my lift adapters for the 1st gen bikes. Besides the fact they won't fit on one.

After I bought my lift adapter from Larry, I saw that one on eBay, which cost less. Then I looked hard at it and figured out they had stolen his design. It's a free market, but that's kinda shady, and we (buyers) make a statement with where we spend our money.

1) Larry engineered it and offers them here at a reasonable price

2) Larry's now has legs, which are super awesome. My RSV is resting on the legged adapter for the winter.

3) Larry's Stebel horn adapter is super fantastic and good looking, and I want to support and encourage that kind of ingenuity and quality

4) I don't want to support theft of intellectual property or engineered designs, regardless of whether or not a patent was applied for

ps Thanks Larry. You rock.

:)

The lift i have is pretty good , it has a place to strap it to the bike , it works just like my regular lift , but when Squid removed the rear tire the bike leaned forward a little that worried me . the lift is rated i think for 1200 lbs , when i 1st got it i strapped the bike to it and it was very stable , also it has a 5/8 steel locking pin which we did not use . using 1 of carbon one's adapters would make it very stable . i would like to figger out something so it would not use the ex. pipes to lift the bike . if i ever get some time i want to build a high stand for the front tire and center stand so i can lift the bike the full high of 30 in. and set the bike on them . i got the lift from Harbor fright for 159.00 it is not on the on line cat. but it is in the stores .