IGNORED

went for my second surgery

tazmocycle

went in tues for my second surgery to get my leg to heal up from breaking it in 05 when i wrecked my 01 venture. around sun i started getting a pinching in my lower back and didn't think i was going to make it to surgery it was hurting so bad. they gave me 2 valiums while preping me and it didn't do a thing. when they rolled me into the surgery room the sleep doc gave me a shot and last i remembered was them strapping my arms down. when i came to they said the surgery went a lot longer than the 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to 5 hrs. the 2 bones in my leg had grown together and they had to cut and saw them apart. back was still hurting some, but my leg was killing me. they was giving me morphine but wasn't easing my pain much. got out fri and got home around noon and went to bed and got some sleep. pain meds last about 4 hrs and i stay awake a couple of hrs so i don't get hooked on pain meds. got me in a plastic walking form wrapped with a bunch of ace wraps. going back to doc on 15th to see how it's doing. hope it all works out in the long run so i can get back to work.

hope your doing better. i know what back operations and knees are like. i had a fusion in the back done. 2 acl repairs in the knees. and now looking forward to a total knee replacement. and im only 51. to much good times while i was younger. snowmobile accident. dirt bike accident. car accident, and a sking accident. sure makes pepole a little nervous when ridding alongside me:Avatars_Gee_George:

Hey Don,

I didn't know you were still suffering from the accident back in 05'! I hope that this will be the last surgery you will need. Both Jean and I wish you well in your recovery. At least you can heal up over the winter months and be good to go come spring.

You are in our thoughts, :thumbsup2:

Earl Harrell

Sounds familiar. My small bone never did grow back togather. Large one has steel rod to support it. Now foot is a crazy mess. if i could chop off right leg at knee I think I could do better. Good luck with yours and watch those pain meds. Hydocodone seems to be best for me but they are being abused so much by Druggies they are getting hard to get for those that need them. I had 4 surguries on mine before they gave up.

WELL, I MESSED UP REAL BAD TODAY, WENT FOR A RIDE AND SUSAN IS PIZZED OFF AT ME NOW!! does anybody know how to get rubber tire burns out of flooring??? LOL just kidding, seen this and i have thought about doing it, just can't get bike up five front steps into the house. thanks for all the good wishes, just tired of being around the house so much.

WELL, I MESSED UP REAL BAD TODAY, WENT FOR A RIDE AND SUSAN IS PIZZED OFF AT ME NOW!! does anybody know how to get rubber tire burns out of flooring??? LOL just kidding, seen this and i have thought about doing it, just can't get bike up five front steps into the house. thanks for all the good wishes, just tired of being around the house so much.

Hard to deal with that Downtime Taz.

Read

Find a inside hobby. Good luck with that one..

Sleep a lot. Then you can't sleep at night!!

TV Not a thing on the blasted thing worth watching.

This Site Is a Real Life Saver!!!! Visit Often!!!

Good luck and let us know how it is going. I had a interesting talk with insurance people today. ( See how nice I am) Wonder if they know I have 14 guns????

Keep on keeping on Buddy DON'T RUSH IT AND LISTEN TO THE DOCTORS!!!