IGNORED

Beautiful day in Paradise.....NOT!!!

Venturous Randy

I thought I may take a minute to share this with you since I am aware there are a few mature folks here. And, I am sure some can relate to my current situation.

Tomorrow morning at the VA, I not only have an upper endoscopy (upper GI) being done down my throat, but I am also having a colonoscopy(that's the other end).

At the moment, I have just finished the 1st half gallon of the wonderfully refreshing drink and am seeing some results, if I want to look. My stomach currently sounds like a gang of Hell's Angels are making hot laps. I am at the point that it is hard to complete a sentence as I am both a slow typist and have these immediate needs that MUST be addressed.

Now, if I am able to go to sleep later on(in the bathtub?), I have to get up at 3AM and finish the other half gallon. OK, I'm back, where was I? That's something to look forward to.

So, if you think you were having a crappy day, I might want to trade with you. I will just be glad when things start clearing up.

I have been assured by the VA that even though they are on a tight budget, they WILL use two DIFFERENT probes.

Well, gotta run(no pun intended) and "May the Force Be with You". Speaking of, I don't need to force anything at the moment. :doh:

RandyA

I feel for ya!! Been there Done that...only about a month ago.....not fun at all, but all was good and was told to come back in 10years...Good news..... It will all be over before you know it, then you can have a big steak for dinner tomorrow night!!!

Good luck and pray that all "comes out" good for you also..

Kreg

Good Luck Randy. Been there done that. But I don't remember taking break. Drank the whole jug at once I thought. Don't worry when you are done you are done. Nothing left in there. Thinking about it is the worst part. It will be over before you know it. I was waiting for them to start and they said We are done!!!

Randya-------that 1/2 gal.---wouldn't by any chance be clear in color????------------BOHICA--------prune-juice!!!-------make sure ya got a clear path,to the executive office----------------:pushups::pushups:------------tread lightly brother--------p.s.--------will b spec-tin a full report-?????????-------------------CARRY-ON!:thumbsup2:-------60 here tomorrow--------work and ride---:usa:

But I don't remember taking break. Drank the whole jug at once I thought.

The last time I had a colonoscopy, I drank the whole gallon jug at one time. They have now changed it and it is half at 4pm and half at 3am the next morning.

I have had some refluxing for a while and after a lady at work had her husband die of esophagus cancer that came from refluxing, I decided to get serious about it. That's why they are doing the upper GI.

It had been about 6 to 8 years since I had a colonoscopy, so they figured it was a good time to do it again. Last time everything looked good.

RandyA

OK one warning,, a fair percentage of people wake up from the procedure seemingly normal, but any where from 1/2 to 2 hours later they do not remember anything from the time they woke up until then.

So it is best to avoid using the computer for several hours, so in the drug induced euphoria you don't change all your passwords and then forget them!!!! :hurts:

I would say thanks for sharing, but.........NAAAAHHHHhh!!! I had the 5foot version of the pipesnake done a few years ago. I told the Doc, that with regard to the stuff you have to endure to prepare for it, the next day that I could have accomplished the same result with a big jug of Welches grape juice, and been more or less happy drinkng it. I also told him that if it was all the same to him, I could do without all the CO2 next time!!!:scared: (I started to ask him to use Helium just to be able to know.....you know!!)

Edited by autopilot
tonight I have no brain in play

Good luck with everything RandyA :happy34:

Quickstep had to take the jungle juice one year while trying to get home in the truck from up north!! Was too frightened to cough by the time he got back home :rotf::rotf:I conveniently went out for the evening to miss all the "action" :crackup:Next day Quickstep wakes up half way through the procedure, and just watches on the T.V. monitor what they are doing.:whistling:

Good luck Randy. I'm glad to hear you are getting checked. I've had both done more than once. Colon cancer has run in the family, so I definately believe in being checked before anything gets too far. As for the upper GI scope. Yep, been there too more than once. That is how they discovered my tumor this past summer. I very glad it was discovered when it was, it could have been fatal if not discovered. I am a believer that everyone should get checked on a regular basis, because IT CAN save your life...... :2cents:

First, by now you are all done, right?

Second, Friday I have my phy with my GP and I will ASK for the upper and lower. They put me out with juice in my arm, then woke me up only for the directions to 'drink this,' and I think I did then said, 'OK,' and they said, ... 'bye, ...' and then I was in recovery with a good report.

As a nursing home, retirement home and hospital administrator I know well what the undetected can rise up as and bite one viciously. So you are doing yourself and all your family a great deed.

One bit of advice: Have plenty of TP handy!

Prayers for good results.

JackZ

PS to the rest of you guys and gals: I never cease to wonder what post I'll find here next. LOl. Jz

If I was as perfect on the outside as I am on the inside, I would be great. Everything looked good. Not a single thing showed up.

Other than going thru the prep part, the worst part was getting an IV in me. They started on the backside of my right hand, then the left hand. Then a different nurse came and tried inside my right elbow and then my left hand again. She thought she had it as she was getting good flow, but it kept being very uncomfortable and I looked down and the back of my hand was swollen up. So, a different nurse went back to my right hand and got it working. I was told that my problem was I was very dehydrated.

The other thing was even though I was told I would probably go to sleep, I was absolutely wide awake thru everything. I layed there and watched all of it on TV. They also said my esophagus looked very good.

So, I hope to be good to go for a while.

Thanks for the comments and best wishes.

RandyA