IGNORED

Wind blocking oversuits

tommycole

Last year I bought a nylon "running suit", jacket and pants, that is lined with a cotton type material. Totally blocks the wind, and is resistant to all but the heaviest rains. Warmest thing I ever rode in. Best part....Jacket was $17 and pants were $12 at K-Mart. I have ridden with the pants on over my running shorts, nothing else on my legs, and stayed toasty warm.

Thanks yall

They are all interesting, will any of your pants go on-off over boots? We usually stop every hr or 2 and stay too long sometimes to leave everything on, espicially when we eat lunch. You can put the triumphs on over snow shoes but they arent gona last.

Thanks

TC:missingtooth:

Thanks yall

They are all interesting, will any of your pants go on-off over boots? We usually stop every hr or 2 and stay too long sometimes to leave everything on, espicially when we eat lunch. You can put the triumphs on over snow shoes but they arent gona last.

Thanks

TC:missingtooth:

The el-cheapo ones that I have from K-Mart have about a foot long zipper on each pant leg. I wear full height boots with a fairly large heel....no problem slipping them on and off.

At Rockets referral, I picked up some Wetskins from Costco they are available lined and unlined. They are very well made and stand up to wind and wet. I wore mine thru 800 miles of rain and cold this past summer and they kept me warm and toasty.

I cant remeber the pricing but they were reasonably priced, I am guessing about 60 bucks for the unlined one (has a mesh

Brian

• 4 months later...

I wear an Aerostich Roadcrafter when it is cold. Its 5 years old and is holding up very well. I wear mesh when it gets hot. I got the Aerostich more for physical protection than for warmth. It actually allows some air through if you don't use it with a windbreaker or something else. It is very stiff when new but does break in. I wear it when I am riding the dirt bike. I get back to town and stop at the car wash and wash the bike and then wash me and the suit. Some people complain that it isn't waterproof in the crotch but I have ridden for hours in the rain and never got wet. It is very easy to get into and out of. I have size13 feet and wear short steel toed boots with shorts to work and I can be into and out of the suit in about a minute. If I had been wearing a suit like this when I crashed I don't think I would have broken all the ribs that I did. It is so stiff I might have not torn my quadriceps either. It has padding every where I got badly bruised. Very well thought out.

• 3 years later...
This is what I wear and it does the trick. It diesn't get really cold here in GA. The coldest I have ridden in is 26 deg and I had no problems at all.

Pants

http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55D9C025BA44D11A3713BF0D546303C.asp?cat_id=FBF05AC4DB8843C1B0FF76893F5540D5&pcs_key=0CC9FD2D235240B0879F3703340771C1&retpage=%2FF4BD78EED51D4762989F1184B1165B96%2Easp&nm=Deuce&spath=Home+%3E+Equipment+%3E+Scorpion+ExoWear%99&path=Home+%3E+Equipment+%3E+Scorpion+ExoWear%99&sc_id=6A430A385CCE422C8A6293BE3758CB83

And I use this jacket

http://shopping.scorpionusa.com/C55D9C025BA44D11A3713BF0D546303C.asp?cat_id=FBF05AC4DB8843C1B0FF76893F5540D5&pcs_key=793E46574A394CEDA8F19F1697025DAF&retpage=%2FF4BD78EED51D4762989F1184B1165B96%2Easp&nm=Strike&spath=&path=Home+%3E+Equipment+%3E+Scorpion+ExoWear%99&sc_id=6E81E8ED641C4811A567989D27FFCA85

I really like the look of those pants. Do you wear them over just long johns at those temps or over pants and long johns? i'd like to get a pair but no one in my area has them in stock. I'm looking for a little sizing info. I wear size 33 levi 560's. Was kinda hoping you might be about the same size. What can you tell me. And thanks!

Bob

I went to ski pants 5 years ago. Set was about $60.

They have leg zippers and an inside leg material that prevents melting. They bundle up real tight for packing.

But I normally take my shoes off to slip them on/off in 2 seconds, else there is a doable struggle through the lining materials.

After I switched to ski pants so did a number of my friends that weren't old school MC, and yep, several now in overalls from box stores.

I think more 60+ year old men have had heart attacks putting on chaps than due to all other causes combined.