IGNORED

Why does it have to be this way?????

midnite

I asked the question on the Star site if there were any problems being a member of another orginization and a star member.The answers ranged from no problem, to no problem as long as we don't wear the other org. patch or show thier colors, to it doesn't matter Venture Riders and Venturers are just forum sites they're not Orginizations with real members. My wife and I are not renewing our membership with star because of this. We discussed it and decided we didn't want somebody else telling what we can wear,how to wear it, and so on.We have an venturers decal on our trunk, and in the next couple weeks will order the Venture Rider decal to go there also. We hate to be like this as we have made a few friends at Star but if it has to be then....Have talked to a couple of folks here and have enjoyed the site, and the knowledge of some of the members. I guess what I'm getting at is, we have found a new home. Hope ya'll don't mind. We'll try not to get to rowdy!!!!!:thumbsup2::confused24::confused24:

My feeling are if you don't want me and my friends and family, ( no matter what they ride or where there membership is) guess what you don't want me.

Welcome to our site we like everybody, we might pick on you, but that's all in fun.

Freedom of the road for all

Gregg

by the way if you show up at a venture riders meeting, don't just look for Ventures.

Welcome!

I have often wondered the same thing. My approach is basically I don't give a rip what you ride. I know what I like and what I don't like; you can like whatever the heck you want and not like whatever you want. Just get together, ride, have a good time - whatever. No big deal.

I just don't get the other approach :confused24:.

I'm glad that you enjoy riding too :) :thumbsup2:

Mike,

You have hit upon the secret of the success of this website. Although it is a technical forum for Ventures, Tour Deluxes and the Royal Star, it is 1st a family. We have many members that ride other makes and brands, Eck, Black Owl and myself are moderators and we have different bikes other than the Venture although I have an '89 VR as well as a '79 H/D.

Were happy to hear that you feel comfortable enough around us to want to stay. Were glad your here and look forward to seeing more of yoy on the site...enjoy the RSV :thumbsup2:

I'm a member of STAR, and while I have beefs this isn't one of them.

They have restrictions on the display of their patch. There isn't a requirement that you even display their patch (mine is in a drawer somewhere).

You can ride any motorcycle (or even not have a motorcycle at all). Only restriction is to be chapter president you need to own a Yamaha. Doesn't seem too unreasonable for a Yamaha sponsored organizations.......

AMEN!!

welcome to several other that don't want to line the deep pockets of Alen Cease of star!

I know several members of the club, and all of them that i have met are wonderfull folks, however if they would meet a certain President of the club and read all the b/s rules and regulations of the club and believe in all of them..... well i wouldn't care for them any more than Alen.

want to watch a fool do the crawfish crawl?? ask him what happened to chapter #307 from Illinois..

best wishes to you and your new found wisdom sir. thank you for your support

mike.

Agree 100% I had told them about two months ago that we were not renewing, and the impression that we got was, so what. And then you have to join a local star group and it cost more money, and they tell you that you have to make so many rides to stay in. Why pay someone to tell you when you have to ride?

Thanks to all. That was a nother beef with them, never heard from or could really find out how to get a hold of one of the chapters in Tn., met another member in Jackson, Tn. one day. He was from the Phoenix chapter, asked me what rides the local chapter did? I told him I had no idea, never been with a chapter around here, he acyed very surprised, told me I was only supposed to ride with other members.:confused24::confused24:

Being a free thinking, spirited individual, I have found that there are so many freedoms in this country that have been infringed upon in recent years. But the last time I checked, this is still the U.S.A., where a man and his wife can CHOOSE if and when they would like to go for a motorcycle ride and CHOOSE who they will take that ride with. I have never been much of a "club" guy, but I have taken a real likin' to this band of brothers, this "family". It is a pleasure to have you join us, you certainly won't be disappointed, and you most definitely won't have anyone tell you when you will ride, and with who.

Welcome Brother, :clap2:

Earl and jean

Edited by skydoc_17
CRAYON BROKE!

I'm not like a lot of people, I don't much care what others think of me, what I ride, how I dress, etc. I do what makes ME happy. I don't need rules, regulations and someone else telling me how I need to do something or what to wear, etc. That is what character, morals and faith do for you. I follow this in work, play, family and religion.

I'm not saying that clubs like Star don't have a place, but it seems to me that most that belong have the need to be around others just like them (I'm NOT bashing anyone here, these are just life choices for them), almost akin to HOG or other brand-specific clubs that are out there. Almost a pack mentality.

That's why I chose to join THIS group of malcontents, because we just like to ride! We don't care much about what you ride, of course we reserve the right to dog you for that choice! What this group cares about the most is the well-being of our members and friends, making sure their scoot is in proper working order (even going across state and country borders to do so) and the opportunity to meet a great diverse cross-section of folks from wayyyyyyyy up Nort' in Canada (Eh, Charlie?!) to south of the border, from the west coast to east coast, even guys flying in from the Netherlands just for Maintenance Day( Welcome again Jonas). We have members across the globe, conversing with them regularly, sharing the pains and happiness both as they come along.

I guess that's why it's hard for me to understand the "clique-ishness" of these riding groups. Sorry if this too long, just felt I needed to get this out. Maybe there are some more of you that feel this way. I guess that's why we're here!

Dan :rant:

I got a free 1 year membership with the new RSV but only posted once in the site. Doesn't seem to be very active, we have more posts in 1 day than they have in a month! Sooo, along with what I'm reading here, looks like I won't be renewing, or revisiting their site any time soon...

You know I had been told one time I could not ride with a group because I did not have a harley.

The thing is I am sure that the highways, country roads, city streets, all belong to the taxpayers, and I pay taxes, so I will ride where I want, when I want to.

I'll bet everyone will agree with that one.

Gregg

I found this group and through this group, I found some local friends and the local STAR group. I like VR, but there isn't any "local" presence and rides in my area are few and far between. So I ride with a local STAR group, and about that, yes there are a lot of written rules, but like any organization, you will find some chapters to your liking and others, not so much. I had to change chapters a while back, and found a good group. Maybe that will change in a few years, hey, things change, just go with what works.

I am not a huge groupie, but compared to the last time I rode (20+ years ago) I am having a lot more fun being here and part of STAR, and I am also in the local GOLD WING RRA chapter and ride with other groups in the area. Last time I was just a loner, and I am having a bunch more fun now.

The more I know about STAR the more I like it so far. Rules? ride a few times before voted in? You want to ride with others and make friends, get help or you wouldn't be looking for any sort of group. The local group needs to know if you are crazy and will cause a wreck, or if you need help to become a better rider. So they ask you to follow a few rules, and ride with some experienced people at first. Man, I appreciated that then I started riding again, got me going quicker and safer. After that, ...the patch? I wear it, but not all the time and you don't have to ever wear it if you don't want. Yamaha? You can ride anything you want with most groups.

Star, Venture Rider, Venturers, GWRRA, BMW even Harley groups, look locally and find people you can mesh with. then ride the rides you want to. There are some people here that are hung up on who owns Star. Never met him, and if he makes some money, then more power to him. If I like the local club, and other area groups, and the events are fun, what do I care who owns it or how much money they make. Everyone has to get by and I won't begrudge him a penny. If I ever do, I can just drop out. This site charges a fee, I don't begrudge this sites owner the money he makes, and chances are it isn't much, but that isn't my business. Again, I can vote with my pocketbook (or PayPal account!).

Just my 482 cents worth! :stickpoke:

Welome Midnight! I saw your post on the STAR forum. I was a VP of a chapter and my wife and I left a few months ago over some issues we had locally. I will let my membership expire next month. Most people don't realize, STAR is a for profit orginization. A few people are living very well from the yearly dues and sales of patches and other items. It's also my understanding that the free 1 yr membership that goes along with the purchase of a new STAR motorcycle is paid by Yamaha to Star Touring and Riding. What a racket! Try finding out where the money goes. Good luck! Ask questions about the money on the forum and find youself locked out in a heartbeat!

There are great people in VentureRiders plus there are no membership requirements,no officers, no mandatory meetings, no dress codes and for the most part NO EGOS that need to be stroked. What we do is RIDE and EAT!

Don,

Very good post and I agree with most of what you said. My problem is NOT with Star. They have some very fine members and I know that some of their chapters are probably great. My problem is also not with the leader of any particular group making some money off it. A LOT of work goes into such organizations and the larger the group, the more work required. No, my problem is entirely with the particular leader of the Star group. If it was anybody else making the money, I wouldn't care. I had a personal issue with Alan Cease and him only. Maybe I'll tell the story someday but I just don't think it matters any longer.