IGNORED

To short for my bike

Woody

Inseam is more relevant than height. I'm about the same height as you, but with a 30" inseam, I'm flatfooted. There are other people here who are quite a bit taller, but have short inseams and want the bike lower.

Experience has a lot to do with it, also (of course).

If you're not flatfooted and uncomfortable, you might want to consider getting the Butler seat mod. It's cheap and seems to have 100% positive feedback in these forums.

:)

I originally had the same problem with my RSV, since my inseam is only 29 inches. I lowered the front end by one inch, with instructions from this forum, and now it's perfect to stand flat footed. But, I have to admit that I also wear cowboy boots with the slanted high heal, and after having rubber heal pads and rubber half soles added. :lightbulb:

I was thinking of the barons lowering kit but it only does the rear. Can you just lower the front? I had a HD Roadking and was told once you can't do the front without the rear also. If so how much would you gain doing that over the rear? which is better? I have an 08 and it would be better than nailing a 2x4 to my riding boots.......... :)

Any imput will help us short legged ones

There's an article in the 2nd Gen Tech section about lowering the front. Appartently it can be reversed if necessary. I haven't done it so those who will give you real life experiences...

My Tour Deluxe is just right with my 29inch inseam. I expect I'd have to lower a RSV if I got one.

I was thinking of the barons lowering kit but it only does the rear. Can you just lower the front? I had a HD Roadking and was told once you can't do the front without the rear also. If so how much would you gain doing that over the rear? which is better? I have an 08 and it would be better than nailing a 2x4 to my riding boots.......... :)

Any imput will help us short legged ones

I am 5'5" First thing I did was had the seat done by Rick Butler, keep 0 air in rear shock, and get a pair of boots with a thick sole and heel. Then practice stopping only putting your left foot down, in some instances, depending on the crown in the road you may need to put your rite foot down, but 90% of the time I just put my left foot only. Works for me.:080402gudl_prv: Craig

I would suggest the seat first, then lowering, I like the rear lowered, some don't, say it makes the bike handle bad, but I think handling is better with the rear lowered.

If you are new to the RSV, it is a bike you have to learn, handling is different, it has it's own personallity, once you learn these, the bike is very easy to manage, and to me is thei handling touring bike I have ridden. The only one I have not ridden yet is a Victory Vision.

Gregg