IGNORED

Military Appreciation

NCReb

I know Veteran's Day isn't til next month (November), but wanted to put this info out there for some planning purposes. If anyone knows of other Veteran's Day / Military Appreciation specials that our veterans (self included) can partake of, post it up here. And, to make it Motorcycle related.... maybe you can manage to ride your ride to one of these events.....

Eat Free at Applebee's - Wednesday Nov 11, 2009

Military veterans and active-duty servicemembers will be able to eat for free at any Applebee's across the U.S. on Veterans Day, Wed., Nov. 11, 2009. There will be six entr? from the menu to choose from. Guests will be asked to show one or more of the following as proof of service: a U.S. Uniform Services Identification Card, U.S. Uniform Services Retired Identification Card, Current Leave and Earnings Statement, Veterans Organization Card, a photograph in uniform, or wearing a uniform in person. For more information about Veterans Day at Applebee's, visit the Applebee's website at www.applebees.com/vetsday. A complete listing of all Applebee's locations is available at www.applebees.com.

Eat Free at Golden Corral - Monday, Nov 16th, 2009

Golden Corral's 9th annual Military Appreciation Monday dinner will be held on Monday, November 16, 2009, from 5 to 9 pm in all Golden Corral restaurants nationwide.

The free dinner meal is a special "thank you tribute" to any person who has ever served in the United States Military. If you are a veteran, retired, currently serving, in the National Guard or Reserves, you are invited to join us for Golden Corral's Military Appreciation Monday dinner.

To date, Golden Corral restaurants have provided over 2.2 million free meals and contributed over $3.3 million to the Disabled American Veterans organization.

To locate a Golden Corral near you, visit www.goldencorral.com/locator

As a retired USN person, I really appreciate not only you posting this, but all the members who strongly support the military. I have so much respect for all those who have served in the past and are currently serving. Thank you again.

a photograph in uniform, or wearing a uniform in person.

Like I'd fit in an old uniform now...Even if I could find it, and I don't look nothing like I did when I was 18 so the pic is out. I was much uglier then.:rotf:

I was thinking the same thing. I do have two hats that fit. My dress uniform hat and a winter hat with the dog ears that go all the way under my chin. I guess I could take the stripes off my dress blues and sew them on a comfortable sweat shirt....not.

Thanks for a great post NCReb.

RandyA

a photograph in uniform, or wearing a uniform in person.

Like I'd fit in an old uniform now...Even if I could find it, and I don't look nothing like I did when I was 18 so the pic is out. I was much uglier then.:rotf:

I know THAT feeling, Buddy. Came back from Viet Nam 165 lbs of pure mean, and now I'm 230 lbs of pure happy...