IGNORED

Vets free meal

hillrider

I did notice that they do NOT list a DD214 as acceptable proof. I wonder if that will work as that's about the only proof I have...

Call and speak to the Manager before ya go hoofing it over there..........

Boomer........who's going to eat free on Vet's Day.....there are at least 5 Applebee's within riding distance of me!!:guitarist 2:

Cathy and I went last year here in GB. The manager and wait staff were fantastic!

We had to wait a while, but it was worth it as we got to talk with other vets ..WWII, Korea, Viet Nam, short tour, long tour, retired, active duty, guard, reserve.

The other thing I noticed was the sense of pride all in attendance had. I also saw a lot of acts of kindness that evening. There were probably 30 to 40 us in line and waiting for a table...a van pulled up and disabled vet was lowered down in his wheelchair. He had a jungle cap from Vietnam and his stripes on his fatigue shirt. He and his driver went to the end line...everyone in line took a step back and asked him and his driver to go to the front. He didn't want to, but we all insisted (the we ranged from WWII vets to current active duty). He was about in tears, most of us gave a salute has he rolled to the front.

Curt

Edited by FJR Rider

What a great thing for 'em to do. I've sent word to my son (career US Marine-17 years) and daughter in law (also career US Marine-13 years).

God Bless ALL those who willingly go in harm's way on our behalf. "Millions sleep in peace each night because a few hard men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"!

It is not just the local Golden Corral. The first one I went to was in 2003, and they have done it every year that I can remember since then. I forget the day they are doing it, but they usually don't require verification either.

I appreciate both corporations doing this for the vets.