If, on your lower cover on a '04 or later, your outboard screw standoff is cracked, your can substitute the spring nut from a '99 and the screw will have something to bite.

While changing my antifreeze I noticed the standoff that holds the rubber nut was cracked. No way was it going to re-assemble. But the older 2 gens use a spring nut instead of the rubber nut. I figure as long as the engine guard braces have been installed, there shouldn't be a problem with the hard mount.

If, on your lower cover on a '04 or later, your outboard screw standoff is cracked, your can substitute the spring nut from a '99 and the screw will have something to bite.

While changing my antifreeze I noticed the standoff that holds the rubber nut was cracked. No way was it going to re-assemble. But the older 2 gens use a spring nut instead of the rubber nut. I figure as long as the engine guard braces have been installed, there shouldn't be a problem with the hard mount.

I think I'm going to blow up that term 'older 2 gens' and frame it!!!! :rotf::rotfl::rotf::stirthepot:

Ok here is a stab at it. On the lower fairings you have 3 bolts and a pish pin at the bottom. The 2 allen bolts next to the radiator and there is one allen that goes on the inside of the lower fairing right above the crash bars, which hold the fairing in place.

They started using a rubber o ring looking nut to hold this screw in place. Not sure what year they started doing this.

On the 99's they used a slip over spring clip to screw this screw into. You can get these anywhere ( autozone etc. )

Ok here is a stab at it. On the lower fairings you have 3 bolts and a pish pin at the bottom. The 2 allen bolts next to the radiator and there is one allen that goes on the inside of the lower fairing right above the crash bars, which hold the fairing in place.

They started using a rubber o ring looking nut to hold this screw in place. Not sure what year they started doing this.

On the 99's they used a slip over spring clip to screw this screw into. You can get these anywhere ( autozone etc. )

Well... If this is the case, I'll throw in that my 01 has rubber on both sides... but :confused24: