IGNORED

1st Gen trikes out there????

StuD

Couple of ???

Have you raked your front forks? if so why?

Do you have drum brakes? if so did you delink your front/back brake? if not, & you have drum brakes is the original rear master cylinder adequate in applying the rear brakes? :canada::canada::canada:Yes! I have aquired another 1st gen.........a trashed 84 with what I think is a salvagable custom built bolt up TRIKE kit. Once I tear into it & its a go the 90VR will be triked. :canada::canada::canada:

Couple of ???

Have you raked your front forks? if so why?

Do you have drum brakes? if so did you delink your front/back brake? if not, & you have drum brakes is the original rear master cylinder adequate in applying the rear brakes? Yes! I have aquired another 1st gen.........a trashed 84 with what I think is a salvagable custom built bolt up TRIKE kit. Once I tear into it & its a go the 90VR will be triked.

With a trike I would think delink would be the way to go since the rear brake system is totally different.... and bigger. Run the rear master without the valve. It might be big enough to handle a couple of larger calipers. Good luck on triking the '90.... :thumbsup2:

I have a 1986 yamaha venture trike that I did about three years ago and I did not disconect the link to the front brakes that was on the bike from the factory. I have had no problems and it stops when you want it to. I also use the stock master that was on the bike for my drums on the trike kit

I have drum brakes on the back also. My kit was from Tri-wing Ind.

As for the front end racking it, I drove my bike for one year stock steering and had no problems except my arms got very sore after a day of riding in allot of turns.

So I sent my triple tree out to Steer-rite to have it rack. It's cost was something like $925.00 back then may be more now but did that make a big difference on how the trike steered and drove. Much easier to turn and when they did mine they also tweeked the triple tree so the trike would not pull to the right like mine did bacause of the slope in the roads. Now the trike run true and straight and I can turn it with my little fingers now. Very nice and well worth the money in the long run.

Hope this helps

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup:

The rear shocks on my trike is from progressive and work very nice. Two shock setup.

What kit do you have? Is it a one or two shock setup?

if the kit is on a 1st gen it can only be a Mototrike kit, Tri-Wing kit and they might be some others but can't think right now.

:think:

Kieth thanks for your reply. I have a 2 shock system they look like shocks off a Harly chrome tubes with wholes around the bottom. The trike is a one off custom built bolt up with 3/4" aluminum plate & brass bushings pressed into steel swingarm set up......I know,I know, ...PICS...Pics

As soon a I learn how I'll post some pics :canada::canada::canada:

My 90 VR has the Motor Trike trike kit and I do not have the easy-steering front end. The only time you have to really think about turning is on a freeway ramp, the ones with the long flat curves and you may be at something faster than 25 mph. On the highway at highway speeds and turning corners in town at slow speeds it's no problem. Mine also has drum brakes in the rear and the systems have not been split-----yet. On some highways my trike would pull to the right but I adjusted the setting on the rear coil over shocks, one on each side, and that eliminated the problem. I still have a small Vulcan two-wheeler that I ride on the country roads just for fun but the trike will spoil you, it's sooo nice.