IGNORED

My 09 Venture doesn't run right

We LOVE our new Venture, but it seems to me unless you're into the throttle, it will bog down a little when you do roll into the throttle. Sounds alot like the choke is staying on when it is disengaged, or something. Any ideas out there, or would this be a warranty issue??? It only has 1700 miles on it, less than a month old!!:missingtooth:

A little more info would be helpful. like what gear are you in when this ocurs. what speed. Do you happen to be coming of a v-twin. most common with this symptom is the last one. these bikes love to rev. post back with a more discriptive description of when and under what conditions you experience this problem ad someone shurly can help.

Herb

Midnite,

Congratulations on the Venture and welcome to the site.

I believe your bike has a 5 year tire to tire warrentee, so, anything and everthing is a warrentee issue.

Give the post a little time and I'll bet you'll get a number of comments from the others members out there with points to consider/check into regarding your issue.

I personally have not experienced the issue you list, although, my Venture is an 07.

Enjoy your bike!

Bob

IF you are not winding it up you are going to think it is sick..WIND THIS THING UP. Hit the rev limiter a few times and see where your power is. You can run up to 93-96 in 3rd gear if you need quick accelleration.I dont get out of 4th till about 65-75 on normal riding unless on a straight away and I dont need to accellerate fast.

Mc Kenzie is in west Tn. about 50 miles northeast of Jackson, 35 miles west of Tn. river. The bike does this in all gears when up shifting, and when in 5th and start to roll into throttle. And yes my other bike is a 03 V star 1100 Silverado that was rejetted. But I do know what I'm feeling and hearing sounds and feels like a bad bog or maybe not enough gas to start with.Once it gets past that point it goes like raped ape. Hold on for the ride.

like said... run it high in the gears. i found mine lugs in 5th if i'm doing under 60mph and roll the throttle. So I stay in 3rd to at least 35 / 45+ mph, then 4th 45+ mph and don't even think about shifting into 5th unless I'm at 60+ mph. This is just a guide I have found keeping the RPM's up there is no lugging. But I love winding her up, smoother the faster I run.

This works for me. Had to ride it a little to find my confort zone described above. But still LOVE to whind her up when I can.

08 RSV 18,000 miles

sounds like you need to rev a lot higher in all gears. wind it up you cant hurt it your past your break in. ride it like you stole it. bought my 08 in July last year. now got 55,000 miles on her and ain't looking back. Crank on it don't worry you ain't got enough clutch to get the gal over on her back.

After I re-read your post, it sounds like you're lugging it. I came off a V-twin too, and when I first got this bike I thought there was something wrong. When I'd come out of a curve and roll on it would thump/thump/thump like it had a bad set of points :).

After I got used to it though, it's hard to make it do it on purpose.

Biggest problem I had with my 06 was learning to rev it up! Until I started doing that the scoot ran like a slug. Now I hardly ever see 5th gear because I don't want to bust the darn speedo.

Boomer.....who sez roll on that throttle after ya make sure the carbs are synched and all coils are firing.

I took my RSV back to the dealer for a general going over before a trip to Virginia about a month after I got it. They decided the carbs were running a little lean so they adjusted them a little richer. Afterwards the mechanic took it out for a spin and said he had to adjust the idle just a little also. We talked for awhile and When I got on it to go home, I noticed something wasn't just right. As I left the dealer the bike seemed like it was dragging a log. While I was trying to decide to turn around and take it back, I pulled it over to take a look myself. What I found made me lose all confidence that I might have had with the mechanic. The left rear sparkplug wire was not connected! When I put it back on the engine revved way up. I remembered him telling me he had to adjust the idle. How Stupid can you be!!! Naturally he had to adjust the idle, there were only 3 cylinders firing!! I promised the "Big Gal" right then and there that no one else would turn a wrench or adjust anything on her unless I just absolutely couldn't get the help to do it myself. Thanks to this fine group that I've met online I think there will always be someone here with the right answer and know how to direct me to do just that. Anyway, you might want to check those wires because the bike is suppose to run like a stripped a$$ ape!!! Mine does.

Like everyone's said, IF the carbs are in synch, you're probably lugging it. Mine (also 09) is NOT happy trying to accellerate in 5th anywhere below 70. At 65 it balks a little and at 60 is just won't pick up speed SMOOTHLY. Drop a gear or two and it runs GREAT. Give 'er a try before ya head back to the shop....