IGNORED

Carb Sync Meters

Goofeychuck

Hey Chuck,

Owning a set of Manometer Gages is one of the most important tools a VR owner can have because of the 4 Carbs. on these bikes. I own the Morgan Carbtune and it has worked well for me. I have attached a link to the use of the Carbtune on a First Gen. VR with pics and even though the adjustments for the Carbs. on a Second Gen. are in a slightly different place, you will get an excellent Idea of how easy it is to Sync. your Carbs. with a Manometer.

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35274]First Gen. Carb. Sync. With Carbtune Including Pics! - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

Even if you choose not to purchase a Morgan Carbtune as your Manometer, some sort of Manometer is a "Must Have" Item for your VR toolbox. I am in no way connected with the Morgan Carbtune Company, they just make a good product at a very reasonable price.

If you have questions, PM me. :thumbsup2:

Earl

• 5 years later...

Hi everyone. I am thinking about purchasing a carb sync meter and from reading the threads it seems the Morgan Carbtune Pro is the meter of choice recommended by the majority of you. I also notice the most recent post on this topic was about 6 yrs ago. Is the MCP still everyones top pick or is there something else recommended now?

Thanks....Bill

Hey Chuck,

Owning a set of Manometer Gages is one of the most important tools a VR owner can have because of the 4 Carbs. on these bikes. I own the Morgan Carbtune and it has worked well for me. I have attached a link to the use of the Carbtune on a First Gen. VR with pics and even though the adjustments for the Carbs. on a Second Gen. are in a slightly different place, you will get an excellent Idea of how easy it is to Sync. your Carbs. with a Manometer.

[ame=http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35274]First Gen. Carb. Sync. With Carbtune Including Pics! - VentureRider.Org[/ame]

Even if you choose not to purchase a Morgan Carbtune as your Manometer, some sort of Manometer is a "Must Have" Item for your VR toolbox. I am in no way connected with the Morgan Carbtune Company, they just make a good product at a very reasonable price.

If you have questions, PM me. :thumbsup2:

Earl

Earl,

Where did that link come from. It's not working. I'm trying to figure out why not.

I used mercury for a long time too, then switched to a Twinmax - worked great, that came up missing in my shop one day and then I ordered a set of Vac gauges with all the extentions so I could reach into the carb banks on the inline(s) as most of them dont have nipples that you slide the hoses over like our Ventures - they work pretty dog gone good for what they are - just make sure if you get a set that they have the adjusters on them to control the vacuum (so the needles arent bouncing all over).

One thing for sure, Earl is right on target - if your gonna own a V-4 Yam, owning and knowing how to use (simple really) a carb sync of some type is a must!

Here is an example of what I have been using, just an example as I am sure you can find em cheaper.

Vacuum Carburetor Synchronizer Carb Sync Gauge Yamaha XS XJ 1100 1200 | eBay

I have a Morgan carbtune for sale. I just sold my RTSD today so I won't be needing it anymore. $50.00

Congrats on the sale Brian,, are you going a different direction for summer fun or are you thinking new bike?

I bet if your going with a new bike, no matter what breed, and need suggestions or encouragement on making the decision on what to buy, if you ask here on VR there would be a few people that would be willing to share their thoughts on which bike is best:big-grin-emoticon: