IGNORED

Unwind in Allentown

FROG MAN

Any place recommended for a nice dinner in Allentown. I'm thinking $15.00 a plate or less. Co says not to splurge whatever that means.I'm not staying two nights in Secacaus NJ so I booked a room at the Best Western in Allentown for Thursday night. I got MamaMo along for the ride Co paid her way to keep me out of trouble!:whistling::whistling: So HOOTERS IS OUT.:depressed::95:

Coming back from a rally in Maggie Valley NC I ended up spending the night in Allentown as it was on I 78. I stayed at one of the big chain hotels don't remember but it was one of the Suites just off the interstate. There were a few resturants right there. By the way 78 had a section that was the worst interstate I have ever been on. I thought my bike was going to fall apart. I hope that they would have repaved it by now.

I'm lucky I guess. My company is pretty good about that stuff. I have no per Diem when I travel. They ask us to try to keep the hotel under $80.00 per night which is usually easy enough to do. Some areas may cost a bit more but they understand that. I usually just have the continental breakfast at the hotel, a burger or something if I even eat lunch but dinner....our owner says to eat a GOOD dinner and I do. It varies depending upon my mood but I'll usually spend from $20.00 - $50.00 for dinner. Usually in the $35.00 range. The only restriction is on drinks. We are on a strict two drink maximum. That is plenty for me though.

I guess I'm lucky. My favorite food is a Big Greasy Burger and fries or onion rings. I'm cheap!! Thats about all I eat when I go out anywhere. The warden feeds me plenty of varity when I'm home (that woman can Cook!!) so I don't look for much special out there away from home. And I do very little of it compared to most. Transport Convicts to hospitals or other Lockups. Take them a bag lunch along and have a 3/4 pound burger while they are eating that!!!

I'm lucky I guess. My company is pretty good about that stuff. I have no per Diem when I travel. They ask us to try to keep the hotel under $80.00 per night which is usually easy enough to do. Some areas may cost a bit more but they understand that. I usually just have the continental breakfast at the hotel, a burger or something if I even eat lunch but dinner....our owner says to eat a GOOD dinner and I do. It varies depending upon my mood but I'll usually spend from $20.00 - $50.00 for dinner. Usually in the $35.00 range. The only restriction is on drinks. We are on a strict two drink maximum. That is plenty for me though.

I have a very similar situation except when she can, my wife goes with me on trips. I have a company credit card and have been told many times that regardless of the outcome of the trip to make sure we eat GOOD.

An example of his idea of eating good: Yesterday we had a client in from California and we managed to have all the equipment he needed as well as an extra piece. $38,000.00 sale = a dinner at Benders in Canton.

Filet - $32, Ribeye - $25.99 and a couple beers $85 for dinner for 2. Life is GOOD !!

When I worked as the Quality Manager for an electric motor company, we did not have to turn in any receipts unless it was over $25 for any meal, we just filled out an expense report. We were told that we were to absolutely pick up the check when with customers.

Those were the good old days.

RandyA