Dwayne,

I really like XM radio. I have it in my truck and on my bike. I've gone through three different units and the best is the XM radio for the Garmin 550 GPS unit. It's called the GXM-30.

The reason that I say this is because the other units would loose the signal if I was traveling in a way that my body blocked the southern signal. My body, the trees, the buildings would all block the signal and the radio would blank out.

I don't know why the GXM-30 is better, but I don't seem the have the trouble with loosing the signal and the antenna is mounted in the same place.

Hope this helps,

Bob

I agree that the Garmin is a great unit. I have one also but it only works if you are willing to spend over $500.00 on a Garmin GPS. :)

For just a straight XM, I had really good luck with the Roady II. I don't even know if they still make it but I one before getting my Garmin GPS and it worked very well.

Second the Roady ll. I think Freebird is right about them not making them anymore but... Look on Ebay. I have seen brand new units in the box with all the accessories and remote control for around $20. They are all over EBAY.

I also recommend purchased an FM direct adapter so I would not have to use my Aux port to get the audio in the sound system. This box is injects the audio on a frequency you determine on the roady 2 like you are setting the FM transmitter. It injects the audio directly into the FM radio through the FM antenna wires. you will have to split the faring to connect it where the FM antenna connects to the Radio.

IT goes in series with the FM antenna...no degradation of signal or preformance of FM radio...you will have to turn the power off of the XM unit to listen to the AM/FM radio and you get no interference like you would with a FM transmitter. 88.3 as a preset on my FM dial...no matter what radio station is around at 88.3 XM loud and clear no static or fuzz. Audiovox, Delphi and others make these for about 23-25 bucks. Any car audio store should have them or you can get all kinds of stuff at www.MYRADIOSTORE.com ... including mounts and brackets to mount the radio on the handle bars of the bike.

I use my XM Roady ll on the my bike...at home...in my shop both truck and car and at my desk at work.

I am gonna get my monies worth for that monthly subscription.

I have a Sirius Stratus 5 unit. Got a complete car mount kit. Works great.... rarely have a signal loss except in tunnels, etc. I mounted the antenna on the dash of the bike.

Here's some pics

Edited by SilvrT

:Venture:I had a couple Roadie II's ,and I had 2 Audiovox Express....the Audio Vox is too moisture sensitive....I have a Delphi SkyFi 3 now and like it well.......I mounted sideways on right side of handlebar and it's big letters are great for my old eyes. I like push buttons on the cradle too.

JerryK

I like my XM radio. I have been using the Roady II for several years and been able to switch it from the bike to the car to the boat when want to. I use a Ram mount on the bike and the suction cup in the car & boat....:2cents:

Its on the right side in the pics....