IGNORED

Drilling teh Baffles on Road King Pipes

My 06 RSV came with stock RK pipes. I would like to get a little more sound. How do you drill the baffles and how many holes do you drill? I looked at some of the old posts but didin't see specifically how it should be done or how many holes?

Thanks

1. Usually with a drill.

2. Depends on how loud you want it.

:rotfl::rotfl:

Couldn't resist. I'm sure someone will have that info. I really don't know.

I took a 3/4in solid rod and drove it all the way through each end, sounds good and not to loud.

Man, this place is becoming the "Comedy Fest"...

"I didn't come here to be made fun of.. "

No? where do you usually go for that then?? hehe

Actually, how deep down inside the RK Pipes do you need to go before reaching those baffles?

On one end you will see the "freeze plug" about 6' down and the other end it's about 10" deep.

I use a metal cutting hole saw with one extension to drill them out. Drill one end then turn end for end and drill the second one. They will most likely stick in the muffler but I use a brass drift and drop it in the "deep' end and a little bouncing and they both come out the opposite end.

Hope this helps -

almost forgot - you might want to drill just one plug on each and test them for sound. I have both drilled out and the sound is great. Not annoying while cruising but really barks when accelerating.

On one end you will see the "freeze plug" about 6' down and the other end it's about 10" deep.

I use a metal cutting hole saw with one extension to drill them out. Drill one end then turn end for end and drill the second one. They will most likely stick in the muffler but I use a brass drift and drop it in the "deep' end and a little bouncing and they both come out the opposite end.

Hope this helps -

almost forgot - you might want to drill just one plug on each and test them for sound. I have both drilled out and the sound is great. Not annoying while cruising but really barks when accelerating.

Thanks M8, I'll have a look next time I pull the pipes off for cleaning.. I had the Larosa downturns on the bike this past weekend and they are WAAAY too loud lol.. ouch.. but my RKs are a little too tame..

Cheers