IGNORED

How many have had the H1N1 Flu?

Yama Mama

I am a nurse in a school district in Cincinnati. We are just now starting with cases of the flu.

Even our district nurse has had it.

I just wondered how many of you had had a case yourself, or in your own family.

They are not testing here to prove it is the H1N1 flu because the test is so costly.

Yama Mama:223:

I am a nurse in a school district in Cincinnati. We are just now starting with cases of the flu.

Even our district nurse has had it.

I just wondered how many of you had had a case yourself, or in your own family.

They are not testing here to prove it is the H1N1 flu because the test is so costly.

Yama Mama:223:

Which version,,,, standard influenza A, the annual H1N1 or the 2009 H1N1..???

I had one version this summer, reduced my immune system and I ended up in the hospital with double viral pneumonia and on a respirator for 10 days. They are not sure because if you are not tested for influenza in the first 5 days they can not tell, and my family doctor did not test until I had been sick for 8 days. I got a new family doctor.

I've never had a flu shot in my life and ain't about to start. I rarely get sick with a cold or any kind of flu. Why fix sumpin that ain't broke. Besides, I read that this H1N1 flu affects mostly young people and those with pre-existing illnesses. I think all the "hype" has got people freaked.

I've never had a flu shot in my life and ain't about to start. I rarely get sick with a cold or any kind of flu. Why fix sumpin that ain't broke. Besides, I read that this H1N1 flu affects mostly young people and those with pre-existing illnesses. I think all the "hype" has got people freaked.

Everybody running scared!!!

I'm gonna craw under bed at sight of first flake floating down( I didn't say that word) and I'll come back out in the spring!!!

I have to agree with SilvrT. I rarely get sick, and if I do feel like I'm catching something I load up on echinacea. Also up here they are saying that in some cases by taking the yearly flue shot it greatly increases your chances of contractinig H1N1.

I heard of a case where somebody got a flu shot when the last "pandemic" hit and now has contracted the H1N1 as a direct result because they got so sick from that flu shot.

Whether or not to get a flu shot is a personal decision. I think though that it's much like wearing a seat belt. You will always be able to find cases where if a person hadn't been wearing a seat belt, they might have been better off. The fact is though that many more have been saved by doing so than have been by not doing so. The flu shots are the same way. There have been and will be cases where people had problems from taking the shots but there are far more people who are protected by them. I've had the flu a few times in my life but have never had it in years that I've had the shot.

No Flu at my house yet. I usually get a shot but haven't done so yet this year. The new one is supposed to be available in October I think. Are you supposed to get two different ones?

Yes there are two separate immunizations given.

I am getting the regular Flu shot in October, and then we are supposed to be offered the H1N1 shot too.

Yama Mama

I too always get the Flu shot each year, and I am rarely ill. I think because I work with children I have built up an immunity. However, I also need to say the importance of good hand washing and using hand sanitizers.

The flu has hit our district. We have had staff members out especially in one school. I also do think there is a lot of media hype too.

I of course, am right in the middle of it all, so I guess time will tell. We did have two siblings die recently from Dearborn County, Indiana of H1N1, they were in their early 20's, a brother and sister.

Yama Mama

Same here.

Steve

I'm a healthy 66 yr. old adult, I enjoy fruits/veggies/little meat (no red), I take liquid vitamins/fish oil/digestive enzymes and Ribose daily. I get plenty of fresh air and sunshine. I stress NOT! I take no prescription drugs. Don't smoke. Have not had a flu shot since the mandatory line-up in the Air Force (ret. in 82)....to add to my decision,

I don't think I'll risk the shots after reading the following:

http://www.PandemicFluOnline.com

http://www.DrTenpenny.com

Renne

My sister's grand son, about six, has been diagnosed with H1N1 and so far he is doing ok. I had a flu shot about two weeks ago while at a visit to the VA.

In years past, there were advertisements at Pharmacies and Dr officies for flu shots for $10. Everything I see now advertised is $25, and this is NOT for H1N1. I believe all the scare has got enough interest to jack up prices.

RandyA

I am getting the regular Flu shot in October, and then we are supposed to be offered the H1N1 shot too.

Yama Mama

I was wondering if you get flu shots - are you required for your job to get them, like many health care workers are?

This year all the media hype has everyone at work on pins and needles over getting sick. The minute you hear somone sneeze or cough at work you begin to ask them if they feel okay and you wonder if the N1H1 has made it's way into the cube farm. I now keep hand sanitizer on my desk and a container of clorex wipes in my drawer.

heh ... Boomer... have you ever stated the same quotation more than once? Man, you should write a book of all these quotations! :thumbsup2:

Hmmmmm....... If I wrote a book of my quotations it would prolly make me some $$$.....and get me in the crapper for not being PC too.

Boomer......who would rather give the Goobermint and PC weenies grief than more tax $$$$$.:rasberry:

Folks...if you want to get a flu shot then do so. If you don't want to get one..then don't. But please do NOT turn this into a political debate. I'm sorry but after 5 years of begging and pleading to keep politics off the site, my patience is starting to wear real thin.

sorry Don... but I for one do not see it going this way.

The last shot {bird flu} has me scratching the ground with my feet. If I get this next shot {swine flu} I'll be rooting around looking for grubs. NOT FOR ME! After reading on how they make the shots they give you {BUG DNA}. I've had a buzzing sound in my head and have had a diversion for staring at bright lights recently.:rotfl::rotfl::D