IGNORED

American trike?

Lone Eagle

Does anyone here have any feedback - or have - an American Trike (that is the mfg. of the conversions kit). A friend of mine is looking at converting her V STAR 1100 over by using one of these conversion kits as she was told they could produce a kit for her, just not sure about that - and I had never heard of this manufacturer. www.americantrike.com

Thanks in advance.

I've never heard of them either. They have some strange but actually pretty cool looking kits. Barebones kit for a shaft drive bike is $7,000.00. Sounds like a decent price until you see what comes with it. Seems like you get a lot less than you do with a Tri-Wing or Hannigan kit. Not sure it's such a bargain but they will make one for any bike model so that is a good thing.

After looking at their pricing, I would have nearly $8000 for the basic plus fenders. For that kind of money the Tri-Wing and Hannigan look pretty good. For some reason I prefer independent rear suspension so Hannigan is the answer if I ever give up two wheel cycling. But I do like the Hannigan hacks too.

:farmer:

Ummmm... :scratchchin: Hannigan also say there kits are $7,000.00

http://www.hannigantrikes.com/content/xSpecsPDF/yamaha-Spacs.pdf

but then there

is all the extras to be added as well. rake kits etc, yadda yadda.

nice kits though.

From looking at there site they also must be installed

by an authorized dealer. that part is not so bad.

Let us know what you come up with!

Jeff