IGNORED

M&E Leavenworth Washington

silverdeer0454

Not as big a turnout as I was hoping for, but the ones who showed up are some pretty awesome folks. The ride from western Washington (Everett) to Leavenworth started out cold and foggy. As we went over Stevens Pass the temps were in the mid 40's and I was beginning to wonder if I should have put on a snowmobile suit! At the rest area 15 miles outside of Leavenworth we had to pull over and shed some of the cold weather gear. Temps were already pushing 90 degrees. In Leavenworth we met John (Old Salt) and Wayde (67mini67) and his wife. These are some very fine people and I enjoyed meeting them. We are considering another M&E plus a maintainence day for spring/summer 2010. It must have been a motorcycle destination for lots of people because I have never seen so many motorcycles in this town. I had a great time and didn't even come close to spending as much money as I usually do while in this "Bavarian Village" Special thanks to everyone who attended and I can't wait to do this again. I'm sure it will get bigger each time we do this. Pictures are at the link below.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/album.php?albumid=488

Larry

AKA - silverdeer

:rudolf:

Nice pictures Larry,

Man, your making me homesick! I lived in Spokane for 25 years. My sister lives just around the corner in Entiat (it's by Wenatchee).

I'm always wishing I could take my bike back to Washington to ride. So many fun places to go.

So, have you ridden the North Cascades Highway?

Bob

Glad you had a good time. Doesn't matter how many show up and now that you've had one might get bigger as you have more. Nice pics too. Bet you're all looking forward to the next one. Remember even if the weather turns nasty you can always get together in cars just to keep meeting folks.

Margaret

Nice pictures Larry,

Man, your making me homesick! I lived in Spokane for 25 years. My sister lives just around the corner in Entiat (it's by Wenatchee).

I'm always wishing I could take my bike back to Washington to ride. So many fun places to go.

So, have you ridden the North Cascades Highway?

Bob

Not yet on the North Cascades Highway...But it's on my list for this year. I think the Oyster Run is the 27th of Sept, a Sunday, and I work! http://www.oysterrun.org/

Glad you had a good time. Doesn't matter how many show up and now that you've had one might get bigger as you have more. Nice pics too. Bet you're all looking forward to the next one. Remember even if the weather turns nasty you can always get together in cars just to keep meeting folks.

Margaret

I think it would look silly driving my Kia Spectra, with my leathers, and a helmet, and the girlfriend in the back seat. But hey...why not?? (LOL) Thanks for the positive note mini...The event will get bigger each time we do one. (especially when the word gets out that I footed the lunch bill)

Kudos Larry for settng this up. The trip through Stevens Pass was like looking at a calendar for two hours. And I can't remember having better french fries than those served up at Gustovs. BTW, how did all those Harley riders find out about our get together? Again, thanks for taking the initiative and time in setting things up.

oldsalt

No problem John, I enjoyed meeting you. I think the Harley riders look at this website with a bit of jealously. They really wanted to join us but they knew we were not supposed to move those heavy glass tables, right Wayde? Maybe the next one should be somewhere near you? Perhaps the Governor's Office? Or the Mount Rainier area. Actually there are some great areas near Olympia that would fit the bill. Lake Chelan would also be pretty good for an Eastern Washington site...So many options available. Thanks for showing up, I only wish the weather had not been so hot! I can't believe I just said that!?

Edited by silverdeer0454
can't spell

Moving tables?? I wa never near that table. It was great to meet Larry, Chris & John (and significant others). Thanks Larry for setting this up for such a large crowd. The food was good and the conversation enlightening. The weather for us was hot hot hot even the whole way home (east). Great pics too. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!!!

Wayde

Thanks Sailor...I know it will grow. Patience isn't one of my better virtues, but it certainly was fun. I just ordered the GoPro wide camera so I'm ready for ANY rides, meets, functions in the future! People will either show up knowing they will get on video, or avoid coming for the same reason! Darn Witness Protection Program.