IGNORED

Disappointed with the 2010 RSV

Man i'm a bit pissed off at Yamaha ! Just went to their site to look at the 2010 RSV and the only thing that it looks like they changed is the color :confused24:

I was so hoping that they would increase the engine output and go to FI. They need to catch up our they may lose the market share they've got now!

I wanted to turn my 06 RSTD to a solo ride and purchase the RSV for when my better half rides with me.

Oh well, maybe next year :fingers-crossed-emo

Deacon

2006 Midnight RSTD

Man i'm a bit pissed off at Yamaha ! Just went to their site to look at the 2010 RSV and the only thing that it looks like they changed is the color :confused24:

I was so hoping that they would increase the engine output and go to FI. They need to catch up our they may lose the market share they've got now!

I wanted to turn my 06 RSTD to a solo ride and purchase the RSV for when my better half rides with me.

Oh well, maybe next year :fingers-crossed-emo

Deacon

2006 Midnight RSTD

+11111111111:confused24:

Dunno if it's true, but I've heard that if they REMOVE anything from the bike (even removing the casette player) then they have to reapply for all the trade papers to sell in the US. So the tape player will stay until they're ready to make enough changes to justify the expense (which I imagine would be a newer, larger engine with FI, Avon's on the rims stock, and a venturerider.org guardian bell on every bike given as a gift from Mr. Yammy himself... :080402gudl_prv:)

They can add things, but not remove anything (carbs, casette deck) from what was the "agreed upon" bike to market with the existing paperwork.

again, don't know how legit this info is.

You know I've been hearing the rummer for a year now that Yamaha was coming out with a new Venture. I've been looking and waiting just like the rest of you. I don't want a new Venture I'm happy with the one I have but I can understand people wanting FI. Just put a splitter on the MP3/Ipod jack and you can close the tapedeck door and you will not even notice the tapedeck. Anyway I just want to know where the rummer started in the first place. Whoever started it must be laughing their head off at us right now.:think::think::think:

.. the only thing that it looks like they changed is the color :confused24:

I have to disagree. The Raven has no eyebrows, with a nifty flame job replacing them and the pin stripe tape it used to have. In the Gallery photos both models shown appear to have chrome front ends. They also have the Star tank badge they introduced in '09. Big stuff for Yamaha. Can you imagine the corporate shock waves if they'd have changed the tank badge and replaced the eyebrows with flames in the same year?

I'm sorely disappointed too, but I'm going to give AHAMAY a wee bit o' slack. The have some major re-tooling to do - probably not only from an engineering standpoint, but an economical one, too. I'm guessing they didn't build that new 200HP v-4 just to put in a few V-Max's. A couple of years shakedown on a new motor, perhaps? Of course they'd also have to "dumb down" that motor for a new Venture/RST . . . no, wait. There is no longer a RSTD in their lineup. wtf.

Anyway, there are a lot of other things about the Venture that needs updating. (IMHO)

May as well bypass the CD altogether. Build in an MP3 player, stick a couple of memory ports in it. An aluminum frame might be nice, too, eh. I just hope if and when we see it it doesn't come out looking like a Victory Hallucination (er, Vision, I mean).

Where did my beloved Tour Deluxe go??

I actually heard the same rumor about FI and an MP3 from a dealer. The dealer had the same concerns about the 2010 emissions... was figuring it pretty much a guarentee that FI would be on the 2010.

Other interesting point... not sure if any of you had read it, but Rider did a comparison article of the Harley Ultra, the Victory Vision, the Kawi Vulcan and the RSV. RSV tied for 1st with the Harley... its drawbacks... you guessed it... 4 carbs and a tape deck...

I was also hoping for a new Venture in 2010. After all, the RSV has been the same now for 12 years. And the rumors have been going for a couple of years now.... wait til next year... wait til next year! 12 years is plenty of time for re-engineering and retooling... if you keep up with modern technology and planning. If you stop planning and preparing for a new model you will fall behind and get caught off guard. I am sure Yamaha will lose market share the longer they wait. Many Yamaha owners who are looking for a new RSV start looking elsewhere, every year, when the new Yamahas come out.

Like I said... I am disappointed too!

:crying:

I have a good friend who has been a Yamaha dealer for 35 years. I bought my 99 from him in 02. Any way, whenever I ask him about Venture upgrades etc. he says at corporate meetings the Venture is the LAST thing the company reps talk about. what a shame. such a great bike and it's the "red headed stepchild" of the company. I personally think all that Yamaha cares about anymore is crotch rockets and jet skis,at least in Florida anyway.

I don't mind the carburetors and the tape deck is just a minor annoyance.The fact that there has been no development and no significant marketing on this model for years is the thing that is scary.I don't think Yamaha really wants to do much with this series and will bale on it as soon as they can.Suzuki does not have a big touring bike and I can see Yamaha going that way too. Too bad, because after 25+ years personally with this engine I can't imagine another platform for a touring bike.It is IMHO the best engine out there.

If you really need more displacement there are 1600 and 1800 cc kits for VMax's available that are very reliable.Yamaha designed this motor to be able to take displacement increases but they never did any.

I would love to see some upgrades on this bike.An aluminum frame would be great.Suspension upgrades and maybe freshen up the styling a little with greater color choice.All in all I love the RSV/RSTD and would love to see some progress in the series instead of the terminal inattention that Yamaha has always lavished on it's big tourers as far back as the 1st gens.

:sign cmon:

Yamaha would be nuts to get out of the touring market. Madness, I tell you! Kaw just put out a full dresser. Victory has one now, too. (in addition to the Vision). Suzoooky may not have a big touring bike, but they're about a trunk and a fairing short of one.

AND we all know that every serious rider ends up on a touring bike sooner or later. Yamaha's V-4 is their ace in the hole! If they want to compete with Harley they will have to stay in the game. Cmon, man! 2011! Keep the faith!

If you want to see which direction Yamaha is moving in, check out the 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Venture go away and see the Strat sprout a trunk, lowers and Cb/Intercom and have Yammie call it good.

Love the looks of the '10 Stratoliner, but it is air cooled for a big bike like that and belt driven. This Model may attract a different group of riders with their own style of riding. Certainly unique for Yamaha right now, IMO. Just imagine, put aftermarket pipes on that bike - the rumble shall be awesome! ;)

If you want to see which direction Yamaha is moving in, check out the 2010 Stratoliner Deluxe. I wouldn't be suprised to see the Venture go away and see the Strat sprout a trunk, lowers and Cb/Intercom and have Yammie call it good.

That would be alright with me. I do love my Venture but I have been saying for couple of years I would love for Yamaha to make a touring edition of the Stratoliner.:thumbsup2:

Some of use actually like to work on these bikes, once it is changes to FI, not much you can do for adjustments, except take to dealer. Maybe reliable, but expensive to fix once out of warranty.

Just my 2 cents.

Have an awesome bike now, little long in the tooth but the alternatives some time scare me.

Daryl

I talked to my Yamer dealer. They are the oldest Yamaha dealership in the USA. The owner said that touring bikes are dwindling in sales including Goldwing and wouldn't be surprised if Yamaha never replaces the Venture. They said the younger set wants cruisers and crotch rockets and fewer and fewer are touring any more. I think the Strat touring version is a possibility though. The new v'max and engine is for bragging rights asserting performance prowess against the competition. They have really never marketed the VMax either and probably don't care how many they sell. Cruisers, crotchrockets, dirt bikes, watercraft are where the money is. I think they knew early on that the 2nd gen was not going to make a dint in the Goldwing sales and just continued to produce a few because they were already tooled up and wanted to at least make back cost of research and development. I think they put a lot of time and thought into the 2nd gen. and initially were fishing for big game and it just wasn't meant to be. That is why they never promoted it. They didn't want to waste money on marketing. Not that we that ride them don't realize it is the best touring bike for the money bar none.