IGNORED

Bike points to the right... confirmed

SpaceMan

Since I first got my 2007 RSV I have felt that the forks and handlebars point to the right. IN fact, I also had an 06 RSV for a short time and felt that it also did this. I have found a few others, but not many, that feel the same thing. I have had it to the dealer several times to investigate but they say there are no adjustments and that it is all normal.

I now have used a small level with angle adjustable vial/bubble to pretty much confirm that it does in fact point to the right.

Here is a summary of the testing:- with bike on side stand, attach the magnetic level to the rear brake rotor. Use another level to make sure that the magnetic level is perfectly vertical in one plane. - adjust the level "angle bubble" on the level until it is centered in the window. This will be the reference angle of the rear wheel. Be careful not to bump or change the angle indication.- attach the same level to the front right brake rotor, again using another level to make sure it is vertical when viewed from the side of the bike. - move the bike handlebars until the angle bubble on the level is exactly centered as it was on the rear rotor. When this position is found, this is the normal running position of the front and rear wheels at speed. (that is with one wheel trying to be exactly behind the other and at the same angle - they are like big gyros)- use a piece of string, and/or a metal measuring tape or other means to take several measurements from the handlebar and fork to fixed points on the main frame. The following points were measured:- left and right handlebar tips to rear passenger foot rest mounting bolts on left and right. (about a 1/2 to 3/4 of inch difference was found)- front axle left center to lower front left leg cowling fastener. Same on right side. (aobut a 1/8th inch difference found here)- bolt at left side rear of lower triple tree clamp to gas tank front mounting bolt. Same on right side. (about a 1/8th to 1/4 inch difference here)- lower left and right rear front brake caliper mounting bolt to leg cowling bolts, both left and right sides. (almost a 1/4 inch difference here)In all cases, the measurements from the right side of the fork and handlebar to the frame were smaller than on the left. This tells me that the whole fork, handlebar, etc, is pointing to the right, when both wheels are running vertically as they will at speed. I have forwarded this info to the dealer. And will wait to see what they say.Any comments from other RSV owners?