IGNORED

Gloves - Get some!

juggler

I used to ride without them, then regular leather driving gloves. This year I picked up a pair of fingerless gloves with hard Kevlar knuckles. When you think about it this doesn't make much sense.

I just picked up a new pair of gloves from JC Whitney. Gladiate-R Kevlar leather gloves. ($49.99) They are full fingered and offer great protection. They may be too warm for hot summer days, but this fall they will be great. Heck even today it's a bit cooler out (mid 70's) and they were just fine.

A couple that we ride with locally was in a severe bike/semi accident. Both were wearing full head to toe protective gear. The husband died from blunt force trauma, but his wife survived. Neither had any road rash. My wife and I are spending the money now to get full protective gear. What happened to them convinced us it's worth the money.

Full-Faced helmet, leather jacket ,gloves, good boots in the last wreck. Very little rash except for legs. Only had light-weight summer uniform pants. They cut my leather jacket from me,cut my boots from me, cut my uniform from me and my gloves are gone. They were nice gloves. Most EMT's or ambulance personal are good people and do a great job. This EMT pushed me down as I was trying to remove my jacket and told me (Not nicely) I wasn't allowed to do that. I told him if he cut my jacket I would be back to Whip his ass. So he chopped everything I had on as much as possible. I got back a bunch of pieces with no sleeves to jacket, no gloves.

Sorry I went off in the wrong direction, meds are overdue. Trying to kick pain pils. I started out to say "WEAR YOUR SAFTEY GEAR" It will save a lot of skin. And a lot of pain.

I haven't forgot what I told him.

1st GENS RULE

:) i always wear my helmet and leather jacket.. did you know that almost every time you crash you will hit headfirst.. i had to learn this the hard way... but i have always worn a helmet.. the more gear the better, i think...:)

(this is my own personal experience talkin):no-no-no: :no-no-no:

Guest JGorom
I used to ride without them, then regular leather driving gloves. This year I picked up a pair of fingerless gloves with hard Kevlar knuckles. When you think about it this doesn't make much sense.

Juggler...now that we know you have a concealed weapon in those Hell's Angels gloves you purchased (Kevlar knuckles)...nobody from here who has read this post is going to take a swing at you at any of the meet and eats when you have those gloves on. :)

But seriously...I usually wear gloves unless the heat is extremely high, and I do have some lightweight summer leather gloves with perforated holes. In a crash they are without a doubt a nice piece of safety equipment to have on. I actually have three pair I use now (all different weights)...and another two pair of real high end gloves I picked up on sale (online) this past year just. Those are just sitting on a shelf waiting for the others to wear out.

Later...

Guest JGorom
This EMT pushed me down as I was trying to remove my jacket and told me (Not nicely) I wasn't allowed to do that. I told him if he cut my jacket I would be back to Whip his ass. So he chopped everything I had on as much as possible.

I haven't forgot what I told him.

Yammer Dan...my suggestion to you is that you borrow Juggler's Hell's Angels gloves before you go visit your EMT buddy...after all...we don't want you to hurt your knuckles when you hit him.

So when your about ready...email Juggler your home address so he can send those gloves down to ya...Kelvar knuckles...man that's gotta hurt!

1/2 Helmet, Chaps, good boots, full finger gloves & long sleeve Tee. Broke every rib on the right side at least once, most twice, punctured lung (chest tubes s--k). If I hadn't just pushed my sleeves up, I wouldn't have had any roadrash.

I wear full finger gloves almost all the time. Found the 1/2 fingers really not that much cooler. I use black deer skin work gloves, $7/pair at the Farm store. It took some getting used to how the seams were sewn, but now I don't even notice.

[quote=RoadKill;1596 Broke every rib on the right side at least once, most twice, punctured lung (chest tubes s--k). If I hadn't just pushed my sleeves up, I wouldn't have had any roadrash.

Now we know why you call yourself RoadKill!!!! Ouch!!!!!!

When I went to buy the Venture after several year break from them my plea (yes I said that) to my wife was, "Honey I've wrecked everything on two wheels drunk, Let me try one sober." Wish I hadn't said that, It hurts a lot more when you know what is happening".

Another one here in favor of gloves. If you go down, even at walking pace, you're likely to put your hands down. It takes a lot longer to heal rash on your hands and hurts a lot worse. Way too many nerve endings and too much movement needed as compared to your shoulder / hip or other place.

Actually that came before from all the animals that seem to be out to get me. Just this weekend 2 birds, squirrel and chipmonk!

What I've always wondered was when an animal crosses the road into the path of on oncoming vehicle - is that murder, or is he actually trying to commit sucide?

Last summer when I went slab surfing, the palms and knuckles on my gloves were worn almost thru and thru from contact with the road surface. My ballistics Joe Rocket jacket was also shredded in multiple points. The only road rash I ended with was where the jacket rode up and the side seam on my jeans ripped upon. Helmet was also trashed. Face shield ripped on and cracked on both side from impacting with the road. But I did get up and walk backed to the bile and got it back on it's wheels.

To each his worn,m but I am a firm believer is full safety gear.

Last one I never got a mark on my hands, no rash on my upper body even though impact broke shoulder and ribs, bloody nose inside that full-faced helmet someway, Truck tore thru jeans and cut up Knee pretty and crushed leg, feet came out OK (good boots). I wonder how much a good set of Chaps would have helped my leg? And wonder what I would have looked like without the Full-faced helmet, gloves, boots, and leather Jacket? WEAR YOUR SAFTEY EQUIPMENT.

Last one I never got a mark on my hands, no rash on my upper body even though impact broke shoulder and ribs, bloody nose inside that full-faced helmet someway, Truck tore thru jeans and cut up Knee pretty and crushed leg, feet came out OK (good boots). I wonder how much a good set of Chaps would have helped my leg? And wonder what I would have looked like without the Full-faced helmet, gloves, boots, and leather Jacket? WEAR YOUR SAFTEY EQUIPMENT.

I'm looking and full armored overpants. First Gear, Tour Master, and Mosse make them. Other make them also I'm sure. Check out http://www.newenough.com or check out Bob's Cycle Supply. If your local to the Twin Cities, MN then stop in to Bob's. Bob's has a full show room and usually has large amounts of brands and sizes on hand. Their prices are better than most as well.