IGNORED

insurance ripoff

saddlebum

With Allstate, I have liability and uninsured motorist and a bit above basic coverage. Mine is about $125 per year. I have never understood why your all's insurance is so high up there.

Randya

It's the your friend Canadian gov-en ment!-----------some one has to PAY for ALL that Gov-Ment HELP!!!!----------------------:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::thumbsup2: Move to USA------save $$$$$$$$

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally heard from my broker who supposedly can't do anything about the rates. Asked her if they had death insurance since my wife will likly kill me if I pay all that money just to ride a motorcycle . Her answer was that the rates are going up because there are so maney biker deaths. Interesting, cagers don't get charged for killing bikers and on top of that we get to pay for their ignorance.

By the way Ontario is not Government run insurance it is still private. As far as health care goes they cut out covering eye exams and vision care, but they will cover a sex change. Only in Canada you say!

Only some provinces are government insurance. Alberta, I believe, is still private ins.

Yup, private here in Alberta, I spend a portion of what I did in B.C. (will again, whenever I leave here for home) & for much more coverage too.

Bike: Full Coverage (the works) $549 + Registration Vs $930 for Basic Coverage including Registration. Better rates on the truck & trailer too + trailer registration is permanent in Alberta too (no yearly renewal)..........

:stirthepot::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

As far as health care goes they cut out covering Chiropratic, eye exams and vision care, but they will cover a sex change. Only in Canada you say!

(if a ball peen hammer won't fix it - silicone Implants will !)

Just couldn't resist....... :stirthepot::canada:

Isnt' all insurance in Canadian government run? And isn't that why premiums are so high.

No most places in Canada insurance is run the same as the US. In a couple of the provinces, (like mine Saskatchewan) its provincially run to supposedly get everyone insured. Then, if you want to upgrade your coverage you usually have some choices for the add=ons. My scoot costs about 64 bucks a month while i ride for 500 ded on collision, liability, and fire theft etc. Last winter when it was parked it was insured for 58 bucks a year storage insurance for 5000 bucks comprehensive coverage.

Brian:mo money::mo money:

Anybody in Ontario maybe even Canada have any experience with Jevco, Riders Plus or Primmum so far they seem to come up with the lowest rates that I have been able to find so far.

ahem... FYI, Ontario is a part of Canada.... :rasberry:

(just razzin)

No most places in Canada insurance is run the same as the US. In a couple of the provinces, (like mine Saskatchewan) its provincially run to supposedly get everyone insured. Then, if you want to upgrade your coverage you usually have some choices for the add=ons. My scoot costs about 64 bucks a month while i ride for 500 ded on collision, liability, and fire theft etc. Last winter when it was parked it was insured for 58 bucks a year storage insurance for 5000 bucks comprehensive coverage.

Brian:mo money::mo money:

Mine cost $287 for 3 months; or I believe it was $870 something if I wanted to be stupid enough to insure it for a full year. I don't believe in giving our provincial gov't insurance premium when I am not using the bike.

It's the your friend Canadian gov-en ment!-----------some one has to PAY for ALL that Gov-Ment HELP!!!!----------------------:mo money::mo money::mo money::mo money::thumbsup2: Move to USA------save $$$$$$$$

It's tempting.... but, I've been told that unless you are a US citizen, getting permanent full time employment is very difficult. Otherwise I probably would have already moved far enough south to have winter much shorter and milder than what I put up with now.

Edited by Stanman
grammar error

Seems to me Ontario figures it is Canada and the rest of us are just mugs. :stirthepot:

They're not alone... I'm sure Quebec sides with Ontario and feels the same way.:stirthepot: :stirthepot:

We should keep in mind not to let this get political!!

Edited by Stanman
Added statementin italics

Seems to me Ontario figures it is Canada and the rest of us are just mugs. :stirthepot:
Hey you finally caught on:banana::banana:

They're not alone... I'm sure Quebec sides with Ontario and feels the same way.:stirthepot: :stirthepot:

We should keep in mind not to let this get political!!

I am going to leave this one alone:mo money:

In Manitoba we have no choice but to buy our insurance from our government

the rates are: my 2000 RSV registration" license plate " =$89.00 per year

the insurance premium = $2118.00 -a discount of $ 496.00 this is for being a good driver no tickets, no accident claims etc.but when you get tickets or claims your rate will go up, in some cases way up ! My drivers license cost is $20.00 per year.I have full coverage, increased libilaty,lower deductable,I also would receive a good rental vehicle if mine was tied up being repaired, the policy provides many duplications of our health care, which doesn't make much sense.Our write off vehicles go up for public auction every week, some just for parts and some for rebuild, the govt. has their own claim centers, estimators & adjusters, and tow trucks, as you can see the whole thing is a govt. control issue.When I pay my premium it will be $1711.00 including plate & driver license. The policy:May till Sept is $334.59 per month and Oct. till April $7.90

per month and you can't make monthly payments ! so I pay mine in full and I have full coverage for a full year including fire ,theft, and vandalisim. I am 69 yrs. and I've been riding since 1956, its a lot of money but it could be worse,and it could be a lot better ! ! ( Mobile ) ps: the govt charges the higher rate during the time that they consider the peak riding months, but we are insured all year..

• 1 month later...

Wow, ya'll got some atrocious insurance premiums.

I think Progressive must have Mississippi listed as one of your Provinces...

Got my bill from Geico today, went up $90 to $459yr. So checked out Progressive,,,,, $1509 for the same coverage. What's up with that?? Guess I'll keep on going down the list of companies till I find a Reputable and Reasonable company,, Which as all of us here on the Gulf Coast know do not exist,,, ie; Katrina.....

Also in Manitoba you can buy basic insurance throught the gov. then go private for collision fire and theft.......unless its for a motorcycle.....cant be done then.

Things got bad here when they decided that it wasnt fair that "cage" drivers had to share the cost averaging for insurance with motorcycle riders. Stats can and are manipulated all the time and the stats showed that MC crashes where the most insurance heavy costs...repairs to bike usually a write off, and more serious injuries.

They never thought to mention that most crashes are caused by the cagers turning in front of the biker.

I pay less than the Winnipeg member because his is a larger city and mine is still sort of rural.

Sask. riders...best hope that SGI doesnt decide that cagers shouldnt share the insurance cost with mc riders. Your insurance will climb fast.

And Manitoba insurance for bikes goes up 5-15% every year...no matter what. Some cars go down..bikes goes up.

Also our insurance rate varies depending on what value you place on the bike. My 84 VR that sells for $4500. to $5000 I value at $1000. and still pay $1749. per year or $374.00 for the riding season, May to end of Sept. If I want full value coverage it almost doubles. That's why I haven't been on the road for 3 years.:sick:

I am currently with Riders Plus....paying $724.00/yr liability only (expires May 2010)....clean record....no claims. Over the past years have gone from Kingsway to Jevco and now Riders Plus....saving significant amount each time. I am hearing from some friends that State Farm is offering some good deals but they want your home and auto policy too. I just got my auto policy and flipped out.....working on that one now.