IGNORED

Carbon-One Lift Adapter

I purchased a lift adapter with legs from Carbon-One nearly two months ago. Yesterday was the first time I got to use my new toy, and it sure works well! Lifting the bike has never been easier or safer.

The lift adapter is light-years ahead of using wooden blocks or other cobbled-up spacers. The legs turn a great product into a fabulous product. The lift adapter with the legs attached, make for an extremely stable work platform. Tire changes and other maintenance are now much easier and safer. :thumbsup2:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased a lift adapter with legs from Carbon-One nearly two months ago. Yesterday was the first time I got to use my new toy, and it sure works well! Lifting the bike has never been easier or safer.

The lift adapter is light-years ahead of using wooden blocks or other cobbled-up spacers. The legs turn a great product into a fabulous product. The lift adapter with the legs attached, make for an extremely stable work platform. Tire changes and other maintenance are now much easier and safer.

DITTO! I have one and used it twice, and I would consider THOSE two times as a worthwhile investment.. =)

Everyone should have one.. so they'd stop borrowing mine hehehe

Larry's adapter is top notch, he is a master fabricator in my book, and I have been doing it for better than 20 years. I have one as well and have used it numerous times. Anyone with a G2 that does their own work needs to have one in their garage.

Edited by Squidley

Ponch and I just used mine for the first time today..Impressed! It was really nice jacking it up putting on the legs and letting it be at eye level to work on adding all my additional lights we..Ponch..Put on. Thanks Carbon1..... and Ponch for driving to my place from Houston, (Appx 400+ round trip miles) to install my new lights.

Ponch and I just used mine for the first time today..Impressed! It was really nice jacking it up putting on the legs and letting it be at eye level to work on adding all my additional lights we..Ponch..Put on. Thanks Carbon1..... and Ponch for driving to my place from Houston, (Appx 400+ round trip miles) to install my new lights.

What's that.. like 2 hours each way ;)

Gotta admit, when I first read your post, the tune ' ding dong the witch is dead ' and 'follow the yellow brick road' went thru my mind...

Eye level huh??

OH EE OH - YO HO

• 3 weeks later...

don had one for his which he used on a regular basis, even just to clean the bike. However, when he triked it, the lift wouldn't work any more. He sure misses it for sure!

Larry has promised to work on adapting a new one for the trike, hopefully he will have some time this winter.

But if you have a G2, this is the best there is!

Patti and Don

how long did it take for you to get your carbon 1 lift adapter I'm going to order one and was just curious what the lead time has been for people that have already bought one, also I know this has been discussed but what lift should I buy i'm looking at the better one from Harbor freight around 80.00 bucks.

Thanks in advance for your feedback

Jeff

how long did it take for you to get your carbon 1 lift adapter I'm going to order one and was just curious what the lead time has been for people that have already bought one, also I know this has been discussed but what lift should I buy i'm looking at the better one from Harbor freight around 80.00 bucks.

Jeff

He went to ship it the same day I sent payment (this was last November), but the UPS store was closed. Such things happen. But, he was exceedingly prompt. A+.

I use the $89 Harbor Freight lift with no problems. I prolly use it twice a month, at least, just to wash the bike and shine the chrome. You can see it below in the background:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3368/3561873758_0091e75d72.jpg

Jeff

I went through 2 of the cheap lifts before buying the craftsman pro. Wish I had just bought it first.

With the RSV on the Carbon 1 bike stand (with the legs), is the bike high enough to remove the rear wheel?

:think: If not, how much higher does the bike need to be lifted?

While you can pull a rear wheel off with the bike on the stand you'll still need to raise it 2-3" with the jack to make it easier getting the wheel assembly out from under the fender.

When I pull a wheel off I have the bikes wheel just barely touching the ground. Slide the wheel towards you taking it off the drivehub, raise the bike up enough to walk the wheel out from under the fend, then install the legs & lower it to the ground. Doing it this way you're not muscling a heavy tire & wheel assembly. Remounting is reversed.

Thanks to all of my satisfied customers,

Larry

He went to ship it the same day I sent payment (this was last November), but the UPS store was closed. Such things happen. But, he was exceedingly prompt. A+.

I use the $89 Harbor Freight lift with no problems. I prolly use it twice a month, at least, just to wash the bike and shine the chrome. You can see it below in the background:

is it just me or is your garage floor 'carpeted' ??

I use a Canadian Tire lift.. it's like any other lift but 'scary' at times.. the lowering valve can get fast if you're not careful.. I'll have to look into the Harbour Freight lift..

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I bit the bullet today and picked up a jack (it finally went on sale again) so I could use my fancy new adapter to check a few things out.

First of all, thanks Larry for making such a high quality product and being good about communication and shipping.

Next, everyone that talked about how good this adapter was and all; I believed you, but was still amazed at how well it works (Now I just need someone to level my garage floor so everything will be square :rasberry:). I definitely see the high quality that everyone is talking about and how sturdy it is on the 4 legs is amazing. I know I would NEVER get under a car without jack stands and now I can do the same with the bike (not to mention actually use a lift on the bike :happy34:)

I'll stop rambling, but thought I would throw a few pictures in for grins.

Thanks again Larry,

- Rick M.