IGNORED

My bike has been lowered. What would I need to do to reverse this?

Guest 05RSMVTEXAN

Guest 05RSMVTEXAN

The 05 Midnight Venture I have has been lowered. What would I need to do to reverse this and return the bike to the way it was? I was going to purchase the leveling links from DiamondR to raise the bike back up. Is there any thing else that is needed that is a must to do? Thanks.

I'm going to assume that your bike was lowered using the kit from Baron's??? If so, all you have to do is change the links back to either stock or to the leveling links to lift the backend up. The caliper mounting bracket can be left as is if you are not going to sell the kit. If you do intend to resell the rear lowering kit, you will have to buy a stock rear brake caliper mounting bracket (Pinwall Cycle has one in their listings right now).

Has the front been lowered as well? This is usually accomplished by sliding the forks up in the triple tree....you can tell by looking at the top triple cover plate. If the fork tubes are sticking up above it then it has been lowered for sure. You could follow the instructions in the 2nd Gen tech section of this site to return those tubes to stock position.

Joe

you need to check with JerryW a member here , he may have everything you need .

Thom

I already gave the links away, but I am betting someone on here still has a set from lowering their bike. I still have the stock brake mounting caliper and you are welcome to that. Just let me know where to send it and it is yours. Also, if the bike was lowered front and rear, your kickstand may have been shortened.

I already gave the links away, but I am betting someone on here still has a set from lowering their bike. I still have the stock brake mounting caliper and you are welcome to that. Just let me know where to send it and it is yours. Also, if the bike was lowered front and rear, your kickstand may have been shortened.

Or, you may find someone wanting to lower there's and willing to trade the links.