IGNORED

The Results of the Billy Lane Trial.

Yama Mama

I don't understand - the one time he got caught driving drunk turned out to be a tragic incident and because he builds bikes, it's OK that he killed someone while crossing a double yellow line

Would it be different if he were not a celebrity ? I believe it would be.

I have seen my fair share of tragedy when it comes to these people who drink and then drive. WRONG IS WRONG no matter what your standing in the community is.

Six years in jail is nothing compared to the guy who lost his life.

Boomer.....who wishes he had all the public funds spent on "educating the public about drinking and driving".

All I can say is I am glad he got what he got but I think he should have gotten more jail time. Now, I hope the family of the man he killed takes him to civil court and sues him for millions !!!! Twice the legal blood alcohol limit....this was no accident, it was murder !!!!

AMEN to everything stated above.

My thought is...why does this seem to happen???

Here's a guy, who got a break and made it to the bigtyme while he was still quite young. Got to build some wyld bikes, and he's riden all over the country on 'em. Made himself into a very rich man, doing a job most hope to just make a living at. Even in this slower economy, he's still as busy as ever. I saw him at a bike show, and he was treated like a rock-star!

And now he's thrown it ALL away. It's all gone! The bikes, the women (heh-heh...specially in jail), the rides, the money, the work, the fame! What a sad, sad waste...not to mention if he can even sleep at night now from what he's done.

And how ironic is it that this bike builder hits and kills a guy on a bike...while driving a cage...???

But not that I give 2 hoots...anybody driving drunk deserves worse!...and to kill someone while drunk........he's lucky to not be facing a firing squad!!!!! (I do think it's kinda funny that he'll NEVER drive again...unless he moves to another country)

If he were a soccer mom driving a mini van and yapping on her cell phone he would have just got a slap on the wrist and no jail time. I think people who cause accidents in which other people get killed should all be treated the same. The soccer mom, the drunk biker and everyone else should get the same punishment.

I don't understand - the one time he got caught driving drunk turned out to be a tragic incident and because he builds bikes, it's OK that he killed someone while crossing a double yellow line

Would it be different if he were not a celebrity ? I believe it would be.

he is no celebrity. he is just another rum dum that builds bikes. most people would never know him if they saw him on the street. the only thing that saved his butt was there was no intent at what he did. was the sentence to light? probably not. he will pay the rest of his life. i can almost garrantee when he gets out he will not join achoholics anonymous, and he will be back in jail. once a **** bum. always a **** bum. :cool10:

Folks,

I totally understand where y'all are coming from, but before this thread goes south, please keep it light. I too do not approve of what happened with Billy Lane, I know how I feel, but for some reason these days controversial posts seem to spin out of control very quickly.

Were all big kids now and we know how the world works, as much as it ticks some of us off.

You might want to go back to the original issue. for the bleeding hearts, young Billy was out drinking with his buddies and on the way home ran down an innocent person that mistakenly took the same road! HE RAN DOWN SOMEONE BECAUSE HE WAS DRUNK!!!!

I guess you think that Florida Justice should be different!