IGNORED

Ontario and area members, Deals Gap Sept 21 - 25

Sunman

Well hello all!

I just want to start a thread regarding a trip that Dragerman, Rob and myself are planning, it is just in the initial stages of planning right now. We are headed to Deals Gap on Sept 21. Any and all members in the area, or on the way would be more than welcome to join us. This is a Monday to Friday. I think we want to avoid the weekend. And we are also planning on riding the Blue Ridge on the way back to Ontario. I have talked to a few people, and everyone has suggestions and routes, things to see and do. So here is the place to put them. I think all who are thinking of going, should meet up at some point to discuss the details. The trip will be informal, and unrushed. So, who's in? I know I talked to a few about it at Carls weeks back, so get on board, and let's get this show on the road! Literally!

I will be in Chattanooga TN that weekend. I'm not so sure I am ready to take the new bike down THAT road, but I will gladly ride over to spend the day and meet you guys.:thumbsup2:

I am not sure that you could be right there, and not ride it. But if you want to hook up, that is great! But I do predict you will be carving the corners yourself. Just a hunch.

Guest BluesLover
And we are also planning on riding the Blue Ridge on the way back to Ontario.

Sunny, I may be able to make it.

One thing though ... if you're planning on taking the Blue Ridge, you will definitely need more time (at least, if you're planning on taking it all in). It is quite slow moving, with speed limits in the 35 to 45 mph most of the way.

Cheers,

Lou

The triangle is only a few miles from our house, we ride it all the time. We would be happy to meet up with you all, just let us know what we can do to help out. My husband and I have lived here all of our lives and know most all of the roads around here. :Venture:

8/19-Update, The husband is laughing @ me really hard right now.........I always for some unkown reason get the triangle and deals gap mixed up... I'm Sorry.... We only ride deals gap on Mon-Thurs early AM.... If you decide to ride the triangle just let us know.... Again, Sorry for the confusion......

Edited by stroker ace

I would love to meet up with you all but I will be there a week eariler. Sometime around the 16th, 17th of Sept. but would also love to meet up with any Venture Riders in the area. Have to be back home in New Mexico on the 29th have to prepare for a court case on the 1st of Oct.

Sunny, I may be able to make it.

One thing though ... if you're planning on taking the Blue Ridge, you will definitely need more time (at least, if you're planning on taking it all in). It is quite slow moving, with speed limits in the 35 to 45 mph most of the way.

Cheers,

Lou

I am going to try and set up a meeting place, so all of us can get together and discuss the trip. From what I was expecting was a nice 1 1/2 day trip down, 2 days there, and 1 1/2 days home. Now, that might go a bit in either direction. When we figure out a meeting time, I will let you know! Great to have you on board.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, the date approaches that we have planned for our trip. I think a meeting would be in order to hash out details. I think this Friday (Sept 11) would be good. I want to find a central location for everyone, so if you are still interested in this adventure, let me know.

Sonny

Guest BluesLover

Hey Sunny - I now have to back out. I rejoined the world of the employed this week, so won't have the time to get out with all y'all.

Cheers,

Lou

We had our first meeting about the trip tonight, Dragerman, Greener and myself met up and discussed the basics of the ride. We are leaving the 21st, returning the 25th. We are going to take a leisurely pace down, 1 1/2 days, arriving in TN on 22nd. Riding the dragon, and other recommended routes for 2 days, departing the 24th, arriving back in Ontario on the 25th. If anyone wants to hook up with us, either on the way, or while we are at Deals Gap, please let us know. One of the things we talked about tonight, is the VR assistance page, and we will be taking numbers for the trip, hopefully not needing them, but hope to meet some of you along the way. There is 5 of us so far, (1 is a most likely maybe) so there is still room. Feel free to email me, or message me here to get involved with the planning.

Sonny

Oh, I see. You won't be here for the weekend. Well it sucks, but I have to work during the week.:)

That is too bad, maybe we can hook up next time. Anyone else along the way from Ontario to the Dragon that wants to meet up? Our plan is to take a day and a half to get there, and same back. We are not driving straight through, we plan to stop and smell the roses, and see some local scenery too.

When we were there for Vogel in August, we discovered that much of the Dragon had been improved with pulloffs for slower vehicles, and the turnaround at the Tenn. end had been blacktopped making for much easier turn arounds. Wish I could meet you guys there, I will have my Venture back together by then, but will probably be working lots of overtime since 3 more people got laid off where I work. Have a great trip and above all be safe.:thumbsup:

Day 1 of our ride is over. What a great trip so far, even with the rain we are getting. I spent some time planning the route with mapsource and uploaded it to the zumo. Some of the nicest riding roads I have been on, and the guys agreed

Right now we are having breakfast in Flatwoods WV, then looking at a soggy ride south. We stayed at the luxurious Motel 79, in Burnsville WV (sense the sarcasm) Avoid

It, keep going South 1 more exit to find nicer places.

The company is fantastic, riding with good riders, and good people

Makes it all a great experience. We should be in NC before supper.

For the ladies on the forum, look forward to a photo of

Dragerman in his shorts. That's all for now, my breakfast is getting cold

Right now we are having breakfast in Flatwoods WV, then looking at a soggy ride south. We stayed at the luxurious Motel 79, in Burnsville WV

You're right in my back door, I just live about 9 miles below Flatwoods. Too bad I'm at work today or I could have joined you all for breakfast... Ride safe.:thumbsup2:

Well we’re back and what a trip it was!

First of all I’d like to take my hat off to Sunny, not only for taking the initiative to organize this trip but also for his tremendous piloting skills with leading the group... well done!

We all got back safe, without incident and have memories that will last a ‘lifetime’ (so be careful which pictures you post Sunny).

A GREAT time was had by all and even though we hit a few small showers on the way there and back it didn’t dampen our spirits. From Niagara Falls the round trip was 3100 kilometers (1900 miles), the others had to travel a little farther to get home. In total it was 5 days and 4 nights... did I mention it was a GREAT trip!

Anyways, it’s late now and I’m ready to jump into the ‘ol-fart-sack’... I’ll post more later but for now I’d like to say thanks Rob, Bob and Sunny for making this trip as wonderful as it was. You guys are great company, excellent riders, good sports and fantastic friends... now, if you could only learn how to cook you’d be perfect! Just kidding, it’s been a blast and I hope we can do it again soon!

Just wanted to thank you again Sunny for a great 5 days of riding. From start to finish the roads were fantastic & as expected you were good fun & great company. Charlie, as usual, it was good to see you, get in a lot of riding & spend time together. Bob, my new friend, it was a real pleaure & I'm sure we'll all being doing this again together real soon. Those long riding days went by in a flash.

Be safe ya'all

Robert