IGNORED

Squids new twisties in Texas!!!

1BigDog

I took a look on Google and I'm still not convinced. No retraction or mia culpa, yet. 10 mph curves, huh? Is that what they're marked?

I guess I'll have to mosey on over there and run the routes.

I guess that I'll then have to go to Kentucky. I'm sure I'd get tired very quickly running never ending corners (with a town around every corner?), seeing that I'm a light weight flat-lander that has to ride an hour to get to anything resembling a corner here.

try this

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/routes/SouthWest/TX/TX_3.shtml

and this

http://www.thunderpress.net/MONTH_ARTICLE-pdfs/2007/0707/ThreeSisters/RidingtheThreeSisters.shtml

Elevation changes from several hundred feet to over 2500 feet. Country road 335 has a section of undulating hills one right after another and at the end you are on the Edwards Plateu @ 2500 ft elevation. Country road 16 from Kerrville down to Median is not one of the 3 sisters but is a great ride too.There is very few towns on these roads and almost no homes. It is mostly commmercial hunting property. You CANNOT ride at night. There is too much wildlife. My last ride i say ELK, Antelope, Deer, Camels, Horses, Buffalo, Turkeys, Hogs, Kangaroo, Armadillos, skunks, and numerous birds. You can arrange to come out and hunt almost any wild game you desire...it will be shipped it for a price. Look up Medina,leekey and Vanderpool tx on google maps and set the elevation view.

Come down and have some fun. Just remember you cannot ride at night at any time as the deer are too plentiful

Hope this helps

I was in Houston for the first time right after Ike for recovery help with the company I work for, my 1st morning there I received my dose of the spag bowl at 5:30 AM, that was when I thought I knew how to drive a big truck! :scared: After being down there for a few months I finally figured out signals are optional!!!!!! One nice thing is they paint Rt#s right in the traffic lanes also which makes it easier and knowing where your going helps too!! Good luck down there Brad

Without going into a very subjective discussion on the difference between a 1) route with collection of sweepers with one or two tight corners and 2) twisties, I offer, here, my mia culpa to anyone taking light hearted offense to my statement, "Texas and twisties should not be used in the same sentence."

After googling the route, looking at pictures and hearing what some of you had to say about The Sisters, I can say that twisties certainly do exist in Texas, even if they're only slightly easier to find as those in Arizona.

In the future I will expand my definition of twisties from a route with "alot of hairpins, chicanes and tighter corners" to include a route with "alot of curves".

As a final note, if I were to attempt to mount any one of the sisters, I'm sure they would find me inadequate to the task and promptly buck me off, boot me out and engage another rider with more talent.

BTW,

All in fun.:crackup: