The gauge on my 1986 VR is not working, but there is plenty of heat pouring off the manifold. I flushed and replaced the anti-freeze, but would like to know what the temperature is that is being sensed by the command center. Can someone tell me how to correct this problem?

Thanks.:scorched:

Poledar

You might check to make sure the wire coming from the sending unit is attached. The sending unit is behind the right hand faring, just to the front of and above the front valve cover. Looks to be attached to the termostat housing. You can probably reach it if you take off the radiator side cover. I would check that connection first. Then I would check to see if the guage actually works before I get involved in solder joints in the dash panel. You could ground out the wire at the sending unit and if the guage responds then either that connection is bad, or you need a new sending unit.

That's my take on it anyways. Some one may have more technical ideas, or prove me out to lunch,,, but hey, that's food and I going.

IF someone has been in the dash - can you see the temp needle?

I resoildered the connections on my CMS and in putting it all back to geather the needle was behind the resting peg. I CANNOT believe I just admitted that ! :confused07:

Steve Neal

IF someone has been in the dash - can you see the temp needle?

I resoildered the connections on my CMS and in putting it all back to geather the needle was behind the resting peg. I CANNOT believe I just admitted that ! :confused07:

Steve Neal

That may be another thing I showed Steve how to do......put the needle on the wrong side of the peg. :backinmyday:

RandyA

• 2 weeks later...