IGNORED

Kumho PSI ?

yamahamer

Has anyone run the Kumho higher than 44psi? I like the tire until I get into a turn hard then I feel like I'm driffting on a dirt bike. Just wondering if more air will stiffen the side wall up or is this just part of the darkside you have to live with? :think:

I'm still at 40lbs on mine and no wiggles, shakes, groove tracking or any other issues. Most Darksiders say to start dropping the pressure as you break it in but I'm still happy with mine as it is.

I may drop it 2-4lbs before the coast ride this weekend just to see what it does.

Guest curtismiller

Higher pressure creates less footprint and makes the bike feel strange in the turn.I run pressure in the low 30,s and like the feel beter.I have found that no matter what you do you can not make it feel like a blke tire.Its just different and getting used to the feel is the real cure.Some cant and change back.I was able to adjust and like it fine but it will stay different. Give it a fair chance . Good luck Curtis

The rear Kumho we are using is the Kumho Power Star 758 in 165/80R15.

The front that I have now is a stock size ME880 but when I need a new front tire I'll be using a good REAR cycle tire in the size that fits the front. To use it on the front it needs to be installed with the rotation arrow in reverse. The tread patterns are reversed on each end. The reason for a rear tire on front is that rear tires are built heavier and have more tread so you'll get longer life.

Well, its actually a 155, but ...

Does the BFG feel like it's driffting in a agresive turn? Like the side wall is rolling over. This is the only thing that bothers me about the darkside. I ride with alot of sport bikes and with the Avons I could keep up now I'm having trust isues with the tire.

With the Kumho I have never had that issue. In fact, as I have said many times, I can't tell any difference in the handling. All around the grip is better; stopping and in the curves. And that's with the pressure at 40lbs. I just now decided to try a lower pressure so I dropped to 35lbs a couple of days ago. So far, I'm ok with it and it still feels the same. I'll know more after this weekend.

With the Kumho I have never had that issue. In fact, as I have said many times, I can't tell any difference in the handling. All around the grip is better; stopping and in the curves. And that's with the pressure at 40lbs. I just now decided to try a lower pressure so I dropped to 35lbs a couple of days ago. So far, I'm ok with it and it still feels the same. I'll know more after this weekend.

I have looked at the pics of yours and it looks more firm than mine. With mine on the kick stand it has a side buldge to it. I wonder if I have a bad tire? The grip is great I'm just having to counterstear alot in the turns.