IGNORED

High Pitch Whistle/Whine (Transmission?)

This noise is really strange for me. I finally got some miles on the bike this weekend and went to the beach on Friday. Very Hot and Humid and half way there the noise really started to get loud. I thought that I suddenly had me a "screamer" and was not happy.

Got stuck in traffic stop and go for about 25 miles (thankful for water cooled) and finally got to the beach.

On the way home noise was unbearable, played with RPM and gears to no avail. On second fill up when I left the station the noise had suddenly faded. Barely noticable and in a very short RPM speed range. Just that quick!

Thought maybe the full tank was muffling the sound. I have gone through a second complete tank and the noise in there but not bothersome at all.

I had switched to Amsoil 20w-50w and have about 500 miles on the new oil. Have no idea if it is the oil finally getting into every nook and grannie but the change is remarkable. On a cold engine I have no noise at all until everything gets warm.

I have ordered some Motorkoat and will let all know if there is another improvement when I have some miles on it.

I have no idea where the noise went but after the long start stop trek to the beach and the heat it just vanished from the annoying to acceptable after the fillup on the way home.

I rode the highways 55 to 90 mph in 4th and 5th and the bike purred on the way to work.

Just thought I would share this as I have no idea what has happened but:Cool_cool36:happy I am.

will update if this changes.

If I think about this much more I will :bang head:

2005 RSTD with 16,700 miles

Good luck to all

Dan

I as well am going back to Amsoil 10/40

That was the best for the sound.

I also got my MotorKote today!

And will let you know how this

together worked for my, I am doing

my Oil Change today (I have now tried ALL the Oils)

in 4 years.

So this test will be with

Amsoil 10/40 and MotorKote

Jeff

Will let you know in a couple tanks. I am out

in the garage right now doing the change over

and have added MotorKote!

Just logging everything in my book now.

Stay Tuned. My Mileage had already dropped

due to my conversion. this will be very interesting.

Jeff

Will let you know in a couple tanks. I am out

in the garage right now doing the change over

and have added MotorKote!

Just logging everything in my book now.

Stay Tuned. My Mileage had already dropped

due to my conversion. this will be very interesting.

Jeff

Hey Jeff, let me know what you think of their fuel additive as well. I have a definite opinion of it but will keep it to myself so as not to prejudice your opinion.

Joe

Sure will Joe. :fingers-crossed-emoGoing to be nice

to figure out what one is better.

I have been using LHP Liquid Horsepower

for a little while now and it seems to be

pretty good stuff.

But I think this stuff will work out just fine!

Probably the same stuff for less money *lol*

Will keep all of you informed on what I

Come up with.

Jeff

This noise is really strange for me. I finally got some miles on the bike this weekend and went to the beach on Friday. Very Hot and Humid and half way there the noise really started to get loud. I thought that I suddenly had me a "screamer" and was not happy.

Got stuck in traffic stop and go for about 25 miles (thankful for water cooled) and finally got to the beach.

On the way home noise was unbearable, played with RPM and gears to no avail. On second fill up when I left the station the noise had suddenly faded. Barely noticable and in a very short RPM speed range. Just that quick!

Thought maybe the full tank was muffling the sound. I have gone through a second complete tank and the noise in there but not bothersome at all.

I had switched to Amsoil 20w-50w and have about 500 miles on the new oil. Have no idea if it is the oil finally getting into every nook and grannie but the change is remarkable. On a cold engine I have no noise at all until everything gets warm.

I have ordered some Motorkoat and will let all know if there is another improvement when I have some miles on it.

I have no idea where the noise went but after the long start stop trek to the beach and the heat it just vanished from the annoying to acceptable after the fillup on the way home.

I rode the highways 55 to 90 mph in 4th and 5th and the bike purred on the way to work.

Just thought I would share this as I have no idea what has happened but:Cool_cool36:happy I am.

will update if this changes.

If I think about this much more I will :bang head:

2005 RSTD with 16,700 miles

Good luck to all

Dan

Interesting comment. For the longest time I have noticed that my whine is much worse on hot & humid days. I thought it was just in my head but maybe not.

I added the Motorkote tonight. The local sales rep delivered it to my door today and he told me that he uses it in his car, truck, dirt bike, ski boat and even in his oil injected snow mobile, and has not had any problems. He suggested that fuel consumption varies but should be somwhere between five and twelve percent better.:happy65:

Edited by ManWithAVision
typo

Jim I promise it will ease your resolution! :)

try it first with-out MotorKote as well.

JUST so you will know right were you stand.

It was interesting to see how fast the guy at

my shop change out so many of my baskets

he could do it in less then 20 mins after a while! :D

good luck!

Jeff

• 12 years later...