IGNORED

Venture S/N 1 Down, Gary Is OK

bongobobny

On the way home from Big Tom's M&E this morning, Earl (Skydoc) and Gary were changing lanes to enter a gas station and Gary got sideswiped by a car on the right side. They had just left an intersection at a light when this happened. Luckily this was a low speed accident and Gary is fine even though he did go down. The bike should be easily repairable with mostly plastic damage. The main problem is a ruptured plastic elbow for the water pump being cracked and all the coolant is gone.

There is a trailer on the way to pick up the bike and bring it over here where we can piece it back together. I should have everything we need to get him back on the road again.

glad to here he is ok.

For a quick and in some cases permanent fix you coould (on the plastic 90) instead of remmoving and replaceing, slightly sand, clean with denatured alcohol and apply liberal amount of oatrteys plastic pipe mend. The type you pinch of an amount and mix by hand by rolling in your palm. DOnt ask me how I know.

Hope this works,

Gald no one was hurt more than pride.

DAvid

I am glad that everyone is OK.

Isn't damaging a Venture a capital offense in NY - one of the few things that they still have the death penalty for? I hope the judge throws the book at the driver that sideswiped him for this one !!!

OK for those that don't know him, Gary's last name is Shwartz and he hails from SE PA. Yes, the other vehicle stopped, and for now we will say it was a no fault situation. At this very minute, the operation was a success and it holds water. Right now it is being sewn togewther and they should be on the road within an hour or two. Other than a fairing and knee piece, I had everything he needed to get it back together.

We're all glad no one besides the bike was hurt!!

GS 51 (Gary Swartz) and I rode together thru rain and the occasional plastic part that flew from the First VR until we got to Phillipsburg, Pa. where we parted ways and I finally got home at 11:30 pm. I was grateful that we had minimal problems on the trip home. Thanks to all who came to our aid and you NY members are top notch in my book.:thumbsup2:I was true to my word, NO VR MEMBER LEFT BEHIND!

Thanks Again,

Earl

I just wanted to let everybody know the first venture, like the grand lady she is brought me home safe and sound. I pulled in about 12:40 a little tired but fine

I want to thank everybody for all your thoughts and prayers they must have worked.

I want to send a special thanks out to skydoc-17 for hanging with me while I patched her together so I could ride her home.

And very special thank you to bongobobny helping me out with the necessary parts and the use of this garage to patch her together.

And I don’t want to forget Big tom and everybody that came out to help me get her over to Bobs so I could work on her. Then people in this group are the best, always looking out for others and helping out wherever they can.

:thumbsup: