IGNORED

Need Restaurant recommendations for E. Tn and Western VA

Midrsv

We're leaving in the morning for our Eastern TN, Western VA loop. See http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.c...r/share/236707

We plan to overnight in Abingdon, VA Friday night and Kingsport TN Saturday night. Does anyone have recommendation for a good (non-chain) restaurant in those areas? Or anywhere else along the way? Any sites that we need to make sure we see?

If you see a blue RSV, a Goldwing, a black HD Ultra, a black Vulcan, and a black V45 Magna driving by wave us down.

Thanks,

Dennis

Cafe Orleans - in old train depot on Main Street - cajun food

Bone Fire - across from Cafe Orleans - BBQ - weekend music at night.

Cheddars - corner of Eastman Road and Stone Drive - family friendly - expect a wait

Rush Street - Stone Drive - a little higher price - has bar

Giuseppe's - Stone Drive - nevo/Italian - moderate price

Fast Food:

Purple Cow - Stone Drive - drive thru only - has everything you can think of - outside dining deck

Pals - many location in the area - local burger chain - drive through only - rated Best Ice Tea

Coculas - Stone Drive - Mexican - ate there tonight - go for the make your own combination $6.95

Crazy Tomatoe - Fort Henry Drive - Italian - white pzza !

Plum Tree - Fort Henry Drive - Orential - very good !

My House if I was going to be home this weekend

Steve

Saturday night will be the closing of our local community festival known as FunFest

see link: http://www.visitkingsport.com/funfest/

One event you might like is "A Taste of TriCities" local resturants setup and offer "samples" in the $4-$7 range. Enough to share with a friend and move on to the next spot.

Located on Fort Henry Drive - This is exit 63 on I-81 go toward Kinsport until you see the road closed signs and you will be right in the middle of it !

An outdoor concert will be across the street, I think about $15.00 bucka at the gate, open air seating featuring "The Marshall Tucker Band"

Fireworks after the concert.

Steve

Going toward Johnson City from Bristol, after passing the Bristol Motor Speedway, go about 3 to 4 miles and turn left on 19E toward Elizabethton. Go a little over a mile or two and turn the third road(I think) to the right, which will be after you passed a gas station on the left. The road will turn down into a little valley and then up a hill. The restaurant will be on the crest of the hill on the right. This place is a classic roadside dinner and is good.

The Google Earth coordinates are 36º 26' 03.74"N 82º 15' 55.58" W

RandyA