IGNORED

CCW and CPL holders

ArticusMedicus

Having read the article above, I agree that bigger caliber is better. The home weapon is a Glock .40 with Hornady hollowpoints.

In the field, I carry the Ruger LCP in my jacket pocket or, when on foot, in my back pocket. I like the 'concealed' part of concealed weapon. I don't have a large frame, so the LCP is perfect.

Better carrying small than not carrying at all.

The man I get my guns from is a bigger boy. He can fit an XP40 in his pocket and have room to spare.

Edited by fortygeek

Guest seuadr

As to the question about the .380 here is a little ...light (LOL) reading for you.

http://www.gunthorp.com/Terminal%20Ballistics%20as%20viewed%20in%20a%20morgue.htm

.45 holes are big enough to let the stupid out. ;)

alot of info in there. i'm not in the market just yet (too poor!) but i will be in the market for a good compact carry gun. looks like i'll be seeing what they have in a .40 .. i guess if it's good enough for the secret service, it's good enough for me! :p

How do you carry while riding?

I like the CCW vest.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Leather-Cowhide-Concealment-Bolstering-Pockets/dp/B0028QKRRA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1247684376&sr=8-3]Amazon.com: Leather Gun Vest Made of Fine Cowhide Leather, This Concealment Vest Offers Supreme Comfort While Bolstering Your Firearm in Two Inside Pockets.: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

It's well made and its hard to detect the weapon. The only draw back is it's too hot to wear in 100° weather.

Ponch

I had forgotten about this, but I rarely carry when I am off duty. I usually have my sidearm in the vehicle that I am driving (I realize that having a loaded weapon within arms reach of the driver counts as concealing) but that is typically all I do.

The Law Enforcement Safety Act of 2004, allows an Officer or Qualified retired Officer to carry a weapon ANYWHERE in the United States. Individual States cannot prevent an Officer from carrying. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_Enforcement_Officers_Safety_Act

I remember this one, because I was an Officer when it was passed.

Carry my KelTec 380 in the gun pocket of my leather vest when riding. Doesn't take up much space or weigh alot. If I stop someplace that I can't carry inside I put it in my Tourpak in one of the sleves at the back and lock it.

For all you folks that balk at me carrying a 380 instead of cannon (I have 9mm, 44's and 45's I could carry) remember it is better than not carrying at all. Sometimes I do carry my Bullpup 44 specail, just the 380 lighter and easier to conceal, can put it in my jeans pocket if I want to.

My Keltecs are my main carry guns too. I have one in .32, .380, and 9mm.... love em. The .32 and .380 can go anywhere easily.

I use a Kholster (www.kholster.com) to carry either my KelTec P11 of my Taurus Millenium. Both are 9mm. The Kholster is a Crossbreed copy, much less expensive. I carry both at 4:00 on the right side. The holster makes both guns seem to disappear. I carry anytime I leave the house, and just completed a trip to KY from FL on the Venture wearing the Taurus.

alot of info in there. i'm not in the market just yet (too poor!) but i will be in the market for a good compact carry gun. looks like i'll be seeing what they have in a .40 .. i guess if it's good enough for the secret service, it's good enough for me! :p

I have a Beretta 9000s in .40. It is a medium size concealable gun and I really like it. It is very accurate and it has never malfunctioned. I have shot it quite a bit.

I'm awaiting the phone call to pick up my Carry Conceal Permit here in a week or so . I plan on carrying my wife's Bersa 380 until I get another pistol . All my other pistols are large frame . I'm looking into a Glock 38 or a Springfield 1911 Ultra Compact .45 or possibly a Kimber . I'm a .45 guy if ya noticed. I prefer the .45 over the ticklers . Though the smaller caliber pistols offers more shot in the mag . But it's all about shot placement .

I make my holsters , either it's in the small of my back or a shoulder rig if I'm not wearing a coat . If I wear a coat , it will be on the hip , strong side or possible a cross-draw which is better for sitting positions . I'm a lefty , but shoot dominately with my right , but can shoot either hand .

BEER30

I only travel in states that recognizes my NC cc. The rest of the States can kiss my gun toteing a**. Back to your question Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact, inside the pant soft holster with belt clip.

All you thinking about CCW...

Don't think small for CCW...Shooting a small gun really well is harder than a full sized weapon.

Full size offer more capacity and easier to shoot well...If and when you need that weapon you are gonna probably shoot the worst you ever have...

I started with a glock 36 45ACP...light weight, big bore. I could shoot it pretty well but not as good as I thought I needed to. Even after a couple of tactical classes still not as good as I wanted.

Full size custom 1911 now is my full time carry gun. Cocked and locked.

With the right holster you can conceal a 44 MAG with an 8 inch barrel and forget it is there. Good gun belt makes a difference for total concealment.

I would carry a 380 only as a backup to my main.

Some other things to remember...

Carrying a gun is carrying a parachute or fire extenguisher...you hope you never need it.

Carrying a gun is not supposed to be comfortable...it is comforting to know you have a chance to save your own or family's life from some awful tragedy at the hands of some thugs.

Most of the time bad guys come in groups...they are not alone.

Many years ago I was a deputy in Nebraska, I don't care to carry four pounds around on my body, anymoere. I carry a Walther PPK all the time. This .380 will stop most. In my vehicles I keep a .44 revolver, a .357 revolver, and a .45 pistol. I prefer revolvers since they never jam, but a well cared for pistol will work when needed.

:farmer:

Full size offer more capacity and easier to shoot well...If and when you need that weapon you are gonna probably shoot the worst you ever have...

I started with a glock 36 45ACP...light weight, big bore. I could shoot it pretty well but not as good as I thought I needed to. Even after a couple of tactical classes still not as good as I wanted.

Honestly I hadn't popped off a round in almost 2 years with a pistol. Took the CC course with a pistol that I was not familiar with , Glock 19. Though I had shot one of these when they first came out . We shot 200+ rounds in my course and on the final 30 rounds , the instructor wanted to DRILL me in rapid fire , 2 mag change , with timer , and him yelling and jumping down my back to add pressure . Shooting on the 7 yard line , I placed all 30 rounds in the 9 ring in just a smiggin under 18 seconds . Thats drawing from the hip and securing the weapon back into the holster after the final round . That was FUN ! I had another 600 rounds , but it was time to hit the classroom for the rest of the course .

If nothing else fell and I do miss the target and miss throwing the pistol at the target , I always have BEER24/7 to back me up . There is nothing else in the world scarier than Pissed-off Woman with a loaded pistol ! ............ Well maybe seeing Charlie sacking up with Squidley on MD !:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

I'm looking into a Glock 38 or a Springfield 1911 Ultra Compact .45 or possibly a Kimber . I'm a .45 guy if ya noticed. I prefer the .45 over the ticklers . Though the smaller caliber pistols offers more shot in the mag .

BEER30

My Carry weapon in a Para Ordnance 12/45 LDA double stacker.

About the same size as the Springer and the Kimber carry, but has a double stack mag = 12+1. I'm a...larger fellow so the grip is not to thick at all for me.

Full size custom 1911 now is my full time carry gun. Cocked and locked.

Thats why I like my Para, being an LDA, I don't have to worry about hammers. Throw the safety and your ready to run with the big dogs.

That being said I also tote a Rock Island officer model with a Kart barrel. But that usually stays in the Bug out Bag.

Here's my 1+911 system

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu178/Wheellock/DSC00262.jpg

Edited by ArticusMedicus

Smith&Wesson Chief Model 36 loaded with .38spl+p hollowpoints. Usually in a belt clip holster.

Sometimes I have an AMT .45acp hardballer (stainless steel 1911 clone) in the car.

I have a GA carry permit. No permit is required in GA to have a weapon in your car.

I also reload on a Dillon 650, wish I'd bought more components before the prices skyrocketed recently.