IGNORED

Dealers suck.

Canuck

yeah I was on the phone with a local dealor the other day for the second day in a row trying to order yet a second part in 2 days and she says" I dont mean to be mean but dont you think its time to get ride of that antique and buy a new bike". Needless to say both oreders were canceled and she was informed that I would no longer be doing buisiness with them again. Today I recieved a call from her maneger telling me my parts were there and wanted to know when I would pick them up and pay. He got a few more explicative words than she did.

Yes I know my bike is old, but the old girl found me. And we have grown quite contempt with each other.That dealor acted like my old bike should have been scrapped and put oout for scrapp metal.

Hope you all have better expieriences than I did. Someone said we should give names so here goes. It was Burlington Yamaha in Burlington NC

David

Heck - with dealer attitudes like that even Second Gens are getting too old. My 1999 is ten years old now. The longer I own it the better I get at doing my own service work. I just can't afford another dealer messing it up again. I'm still trying to get my carbs adjusted right after the last dealer hosed them up.

I would be quite careful about naming "bad" dealership by name and location. Some wealthy dealers do not take kindly to this and will sue your rearend in a heartbeat for slender and damage to their reputation.

Just be careful. There are a lot of lawyers out there.

Thank God, I am not one of them........