IGNORED

Prescription Sunglasses/Goggles

1BigDog

I found this site (ok, Clark Howard cited it on his show) last year when I needed prescription glasses. Well, its now time to buy Prescription riding goggles as the ol eyes are getting a bit worse. I looked at some other sites for prescription motorcycle sunglasses/goggles but was shocked at the prices. Most were well over $300.00. $39.00 you cant go wrong. Last year I bought my prescription glasses with bi-focals from Zenni for 43.00. Ill see how these bike glasses work.

http://www.zennioptical.com/cart/product.php?productid=1194&cat=27&page=1

I only need glasses for reading but I have had difficulty reading my GPS (Nuvi) when on the scoot. My buddy turned me on to these and I have to say the results are great! Not only can I read the GPS but also the Menu's (at Food Stops) and durn near all other little print stuff. The price was so good I bought 4 pairs AND the Night Vision glasses too. They really work well on bright sunny days as well....and yes they fit SNUG to the head.

I ordered the x2.5 magnification for the bifocal part. Wow!!

Link: http://www.drleonards.com/Health-Products/Vision-Aids/HD-Vision-Bifocal-Sunglasses/71062.cfm

Boomer.....who only likes to squint at wimmen and these glasses are great for the ogling too!!:crackup:

Guest seuadr

thanks for that site.. they have a civil war era frame i can use for when i'm re-enacting! :) 19 dollars, instead of nearly 200... not a bad deal imho.

Hope someone will post after trying these. I paid over 200. for my bi-focals at Daytona ltwo years ago. It was one hour at the raly, but they are nice, but I could sure use 39.00 ones too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My set should be here in 2 weeks or less. Ill let you all know the results. If they work good then im ordering a clear or amber set for night riding. :256:

I looked at the site and then called the 800#, talked to rep. not much additional info. than what was listed on the site. I, too am going to order a pair to check them out, worth $50 to see. Only other thing I did was look up complaints about Zenni Optical and there were several. As far as I could tell since it is an internet company not much support after orders are made. A few complaints about the perscriptions not being correct and it was usually on an order of 2 pairs of glasses at the same time.

This is fairly new company that is doing a very high volume, hope they have worked out the problems.

Nothing there that would make me not try them once for the price..??.

I get mine from Walmart. They are sports glasses with wrap around. I have eye care insurance and it costs me about $35. I have been very pleased for four years with there products, and they are bifocal. I only use them for riding. I have other sunglasses for driving the truck or walking.:farmer:

Ruffy

I'm really looking forward to your review. Around here, without my helmet, and of course I wear glasses, my eyes water in the cool mornings and especially on the road. So I wear rather large over the glasses goggles. Something smaller like these would be great if they work. Good luck,

Thanks,

Steve

I looked at the site and then called the 800#, talked to rep. not much additional info. than what was listed on the site. I, too am going to order a pair to check them out, worth $50 to see. Only other thing I did was look up complaints about Zenni Optical and there were several. As far as I could tell since it is an internet company not much support after orders are made. A few complaints about the perscriptions not being correct and it was usually on an order of 2 pairs of glasses at the same time.

This is fairly new company that is doing a very high volume, hope they have worked out the problems.

Nothing there that would make me not try them once for the price..??.

I ordered a pair of glasses from them last year and they are still holding up well. The consumer radio guy Clark Howard claims hes happy with them, especially the price. I guess every company will have some complaints against them.

Ruffy

I'm really looking forward to your review. Around here, without my helmet, and of course I wear glasses, my eyes water in the cool mornings and especially on the road. So I wear rather large over the glasses goggles. Something smaller like these would be great if they work. Good luck,

Thanks,

Steve

What I liked about these is the fact that it has a foam padded seal around the lens, which blocks out wind. I really wanted a full prescription set with bifocals but the cheapest was over 300.00. And if I lose 39.00 bucks so be it....:mo money:

I ordered a pair of glasses from them last year and they are still holding up well. The consumer radio guy Clark Howard claims hes happy with them, especially the price. I guess every company will have some complaints against them.

What I liked about these is the fact that it has a foam padded seal around the lens, which blocks out wind. I really wanted a full prescription set with bifocals but the cheapest was over 300.00. And if I lose 39.00 bucks so be it....:mo money:

I feel the same way but I like to know what to expect good or bad when I can't hold it in my hand. I also found a list of several good reviews, so I made the plunge and ordered a pair of #7015 and #7007 this afternoon. I like the looks and the foam to keep the wind from cutting the eyes, the flip ups I hope work as well for driving at night. Will evaluate this when they arrive in a couple of weeks. I normally ride with a set of perscription glaicer glasses and hope these work as well. Won't have to worry about these growing legs, getting lost or damaged.

• 2 weeks later...
I found this site (ok, Clark Howard cited it on his show) last year when I needed prescription glasses. Well, its now time to buy Prescription riding goggles as the ol eyes are getting a bit worse. I looked at some other sites for prescription motorcycle sunglasses/goggles but was shocked at the prices. Most were well over $300.00. $39.00 you cant go wrong. Last year I bought my prescription glasses with bi-focals from Zenni for 43.00. Ill see how these bike glasses work.

http://www.zennioptical.com/cart/product.php?productid=1194&cat=27&page=1[/QU

As I indicated earlier, I would report on my Zenni Sun Goggle order. Well I must say these do not compair to my Oaky Perscription glasses. "BUT" for the money these are more than what I expected. I ordered a set of the dark goggles and a set of the dark glass flip-ups. First I would like to say the perscription in both pairs are right on. Everthing is plastic and of a medium strengh so they won't take much abuse, but with care and attention they should last quite awhile. Each pair can easily be broken down for cleaning.

Each pair were less than $50 so I will not fret about something happening to them, like sitting them or loosing them. I will continue carry my good glasses as backup.

The first reviews I read about the Zenni operation I was a little skiddish because the reports were poor for service and perscriptions being correct. As I did more research I found those to be early reviews sent just after the company's start. I found several more that were posted after the company had been in business for a year or more. These post were more favorable with little negitive.

I ordered my glasses less than two weeks ago, they came US Mail, in hard cases (goggles do not fit completely in case). As far as referring people I would describe my experience but impheise that this company is internet only and the refunds are almost half what you paid plus you pay a shipping. YES, I would use them again.

Thanks for the origional post, I was looking for perscription glasses I didn't need to worry about and these are great for that and I can SEE WHERE I"M GOING. YA HOO

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered the sunglass set with just my single vision prescription. I figured that I didn't need bifocals in a sunglass. They fit tighter (that's good for me and the helmet) and are really comfortable. I have vision insurance and got a set of no line/transition/scratch-proof/fancy set from Walmart ($380 if Ididn't have insurance) and they do almost as good of job. Make sure you measure the PD (pupilary distance). I just estimated (in the mirror with a ruler) and I was off by 7 mm and I can kinda tell. Most optometrists leave it off the prescription. $44.50 with shipping and well worth it

Wilkie

My first set came and dumb a** that I am I ordered it with 80% tint. I could barely see out of them, but they may make good welding goggles. I re-ordered me another set without inner lens tint and another style with barely any tint on the outer lens for night riding. Ill see how these are when they arrive......:doh:

I get a "This product is unavailable or temporary disabled" when I click the link in the first post.

Yep, those goggles are no longer on the site. Maybe when we ordered it from them they got overloaded. If you click on the link again and look at the left column, scroll down to goggles and click on that and the page comes up. Seems the goggles we ordered are not listed anymore.